• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Altamonte Springs Corvette Show

spiceman

Any one from CorvetteFla.com doing the Corvette show by FCC besides Bonnee and I?
Being held April 12th.
Location at Cranes Roost Up-Town Altamonte.:rolleyes:

Altamonte Show

Hi,
My wife and I would like to go and meet some corvette enthusiasts and maybe get some information about clubs in the area.We live in Clermont and it doesn't seem there are any clubs in our area. Hope to meet you.
Mark

Hi Mark...come introduce yourself and wife.

Use to live in Clermont myself. In fact my kids went to school and all their lives and graduated from Clermont.
Use to be a few club's out that way...............don't know if they still exist
or not.
Look forward to meeting one day.
Spiceman:thumbsup:

Vette Show

Any one from CorvetteFla.com doing the Corvette show by FCC besides Bonnee and I?
Being held April 12th.

Spiceman, is that Waterside at Crane's Roost Up in Altamonte Drive?
I am not familiar with the area and found it on Google Earth.
I might take a drive down Saturday.
Lou

I'll be there.

I plan on bringing my '95 Coupe to the Altamonte Springs show next weekend. I went last year, and it was a really nice show; eventhough it is put on by the CFCA. I live in the Davenport area, just south of Clermont, and there is the Cypress Gardens Corvette Club not too far from here. I would like to look into joining; however, I don't know where they meet or know much about them. Eventhough it's a drive, I considered joining the Central Florida Corvette Association up in Altamonte; however, I found that every member I tried to talk to was very arrogant, and didn't care to even tell me about their club, so I just as soon not associate with a group of folks that think I'm not good enough to join their group.:thumbsdown:

Gary

Being held April 12th.

Im a new member Ill be there look for a black 1980 name Lady N :dancer01:

Hi Gals and Guys,

A bunch of us will be there from the Ponce Inlet club. It was a nice show last year, we had a good time.

PS... I'll have some Registration Forms for our show May, 17th at the Lighthouse ... bring your checkbook, and you can register right then:thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Altamonte ....

Harvey

Let me try to help some folks here who've posted

For Garyslanes.......... IT'll be great to meet you at the show in Altamonte.
Wife bonnee and I are not hard to find........we're for sure the only Mallet C5 there.....use to belong to a few different Clubs...........kinda been there done that sort of thing...........however Gary, this show IS NOT CFCA show.
The sponcering club is FCC (Florida Corvette Club)
Yes, your quite correct for your views of CFCA, as I have heard this same point from many Corvette owner's. CFCA has been around for a very very long time, and I can atest that my personal times w/ them were very good.
But again, that was 25 years ago.LOL
:thumbsup:

Hello Lou.some help here

Spiceman, is that Waterside at Crane's Roost Up in Altamonte Drive?
I am not familiar with the area and found it on Google Earth.
I might take a drive down Saturday.
Lou

Yes pretty much Lou.
Some help here for directions I just received from FCC.
IF your coming from I -4 , Altamonte Springs is exit 92.
exit onto St Rd 436 (Semoran Blvd) and 1st traffic light EAST of the intersection is Cranes Roost BlVD. Just turn onto the Cranes Roost Blvd and head to the ALTAMONTE Uptown ARCH...............FCC regristration is there.
Sounds simple...........(me and simple don't get along usually):lmao:

Altamonte Show

Use to live in Clermont myself. In fact my kids went to school and all their lives and graduated from Clermont.
Use to be a few club's out that way...............don't know if they still exist
or not.
Look forward to meeting one day.
Spiceman:thumbsup:

Looking forward to meeting you and the others

Little FYI.......to help

For those of us showing.....if we arrive early enough Saturday morning
and meet at the Uptown arch.....FCC will park our Corvettes together as a GROUP (or club) rather than separate in class.
Lets not forget our CorvetteFlorida.com dash & name tag.:dancer01:

Thanks Spiceman

Thanks Spiceman for correcting me on the sponsor of the show. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday. I friend of mine and I will be driving up Saturday morning, and will probably be parked next to each other; he has a '72 yellow stingray, and I have a '95 torch red coupe. Hope to see everyone there!

Gary

GREAT Gary........we'll be lookin for ya's.

With sum luck, we all can bring home the Gold for this fine CORVETTEFLORIDA.COM site.
Rich amd Jim through in a month's long vacation to Paris .
(course we have to pay for it, but still it's the thought that counts):lmao:

Show Registration

I hope this isn't a dumb question but if you aren't actually showing your car can you still register and be part of the show? Also, someone mentioned a CorvetteFlorida.com dash & name tag. Are they for sale? If so how do you get one.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark

Hi Mark...........some answers for ya

If your not going to show your car for judging purposes, then there's no need to register. You will not be able to park your car with the registered show car's lined up, however there's plenty of space for those coming to see the show.
Now, if you want to register and pay the $35.00 (which includes a T-shirt with the event logo and date) and you park your vette w/ the show vettes, but choose NOT to be judged...that's up to you. It's not mandatory your car be judged.
But, if you've never had your car judged...............get your feet wet..:wavey:

Not sure about Dash Sign's for w/ your name. Think Jim Kill made mine up and posted link?

JIM KILL..can you help out here?;)

I just emailed susan from the corvette show to see if I could still sign up. Hope to so see you all there

Back