• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Daytona Beach

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
The wife and I were in Daytona Beach this past weekend doing one of our annual reptile shows. We saw several vettes driving along the main drag (Atlantic Ave.), but it surprised me that ALL but one were C4s. And that lone exception was a C6. Must have seen a dozen all total the short time we were near or on the road.

Sure had me missing the Z seeing those Corvettes driving by.... It's been over a WEEK now since I have been able to drive mine. :ack2:

Did ya still wave Rich? I know I find myself waving when we're in the Armada:shrug01: . Don't get any waves back though.?:shrug01:

Well no, we didn't wave. But curious you mention that because I have seen LOTS of people in non-Corvettes that would wave at us while we are in one of our vettes. :shrug01:

I still try to wave. I am going to put corvetteflorida.com on my back window and the MCCC license plate frame on. Maybe then they might wave back. :shrug01:

The mystique is gone

I have had vettes since 1961 and have seen the "brotherhood" decline over the years. When vettes were few and far between you felt part of a special group if you had one and always waved or gave a thumbs up, but over the years, as production increased, more and more people who were not true enthusiasts got vettes. I have especially noticed the wave disappear over the past 10 years. My waves have actually brought angry stares from other vette drivers.:toetap05: I will keep waving any way, just out of habit. :wavey:

Maybe you need to move to my neck of the woods. Corvettes are still relatively rare around here and pretty much an event to see another one on the road. Most will wave, but some will not. Might not even be their fault as not everyone pays a lot of attention to other traffic. :shrug01:

SteveK said:
I still try to wave. I am going to put corvetteflorida.com on my back window and the MCCC license plate frame on. Maybe then they might wave back. :shrug01:
I was just thinking about doing that very thing!

Hey RichZ, do ya have any more of those stickers (corvetteflorida.com), What were they 6 or 8"? Anyway, If so, I'd like another please to put on the Armada.:D Maybe i'll get one of them plates or bumper stickers that says "my other car is a Vette" as well:yesnod: (and put it on the Vette:rofl1: )

~Ray.

Ray,

Yeah, I have 6 of them left. PM me your mailing address again or maybe we can meet up somewhere. Been to Micanopy yet?

Rich Z said:
Ray,

Yeah, I have 6 of them left. PM me your mailing address again or maybe we can meet up somewhere. Been to Micanopy yet?
Actually, yes. We drove thru there about a year ago, but I had No idea it was where they filmed Doc Hollywood.:sillyme:
We're planning a mini caravan to Micanopy soon, stopping this time for lunch ,and to Antique shop and such.:rolleyes:
I'll pm ya here in a sec. with my address:dancer01:

~Ray

Maybe we can meet you in Micanopy. Wouldn't mind going back there myself. Not sure of the timing, though. Connie is trying to help out at the market more with the owner's husband having those medical problems. So we've kind of put our own plans on hold a bit. They are good people so we can put our own trips on the back burner for a while.

But if you know when you are going to be there, maybe we can squeeze in a trip down there. It's only about 3 hours or so for us, so it's not TOO bad.

I'll check the PM............

Ormond Daytona Driving

I live in Ormond Beach and it has been raining a lot so my C5 has been in the garage. Maybe C4 drivers like the rain better.:shrug01:

Love stopping at Halls Chev and lookin' at the new ones out front.

Is there ever a time when Vetts are allowed on the Daytona track ?

Daytona Track

You know I have been thinking that myself lately. I believe if as a group we call the Speedway and ask about setting up a Corvette track day they might do it if they thought enough people were interested. I would be. I did the Richard Petty driving experience last year in one of their cars and it was great. It would be even better to be able to drive the track in my Z. We could use the track like in the 24 hrs race. I'll call and get the ball rolling but others need to do the same or they will think I'm just a lone nut. :D

Sulley said:
You know I have been thinking that myself lately. I believe if as a group we call the Speedway and ask about setting up a Corvette track day they might do it if they thought enough people were interested. I would be. I did the Richard Petty driving experience last year in one of their cars and it was great. It would be even better to be able to drive the track in my Z. We could use the track like in the 24 hrs race. I'll call and get the ball rolling but others need to do the same or they will think I'm just a lone nut. :D
I did the Petty exp in Orlando about 5yrs ago it was great.

I'd join in on a Daytona track day but won't have a car available till after Nov. I think it would be a rush even if we had speed restrictions (under 200mph).
What can I do to help get the ball rollin' :crazy03: :crazy03:

Sulley said:
You know I have been thinking that myself lately. I believe if as a group we call the Speedway and ask about setting up a Corvette track day they might do it if they thought enough people were interested.

I'm in..now that I have a job, I can pay my fair share :)

Back