• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Headlights, no lights

2Vettes

I turned the switch and the headlamps opened but no lights came on. Now the headlamps won't close. The running lamps and yellow lamps are lit. When I shut it off and turn the switch the lamps won't close. There is a dinging noise when I take the key out like the lights are on, but they are not.
What's up? This is a 2004 if that makes a difference
Thanks for any help in advance. The lights and lamps have been working fine up till tonight :shrug01:

Well, I checked the fuses in the footwell and under the hood. All seemed fine. So......I took it to the dealer :ack2: and it seems the low beam blue replacement lights the previous owner installed had burned out and somehow the electrical circuit was messed up and whatever but bottom line I bought two new headlights and I was done :shrug01: I guess I ignored the obvious but who would expect both lights to go out at the same time?

Heck, I wouldn't have expected BOTH lamps to die simultaneously. I guess this is what they call a "malicious coincidence". One of Murphy's Laws finer moments......

Back