• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Presidential Detailed: 2004 Mercedes E55 AMG

presidential_detail

CQuartz FINEST Installer
You may remember the detail article on this Benz that I recently completed.
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/p...idential-detailed-2006-mercedes-sl65-amg.html
AfteraWashMay20016.jpg

Well, I was lucky enough to also detail its awesome twin! This car has every modification you can think of while staying tasteful! I was lucky enough to drive this one home from a local car show where I had it on display and all I can say is WOW WHAT A MACHINE! :nerd:

This is how the car looked when I arrived. It was falry dirty due to the non-stop rain we have been getting here in FL lately.
IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

I turned my attention to the wheels first, as they were pretty dirty.
IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

I then turned my attention to prepping the rest of the car for polishing. I used a sample of TropiCare's Citrus Wash to help break down any oils or contaminants that may have been bonded to the surface. I must say, this stuff works quite well!
IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

I then pulled it into the garage out of the sun to be dried and began taping the car off.
IMG_0510.jpg

Even with my powerful halogens this E55 was showing very little swirls/scratches. Under full sun there was a different story however, I knew then that I would need to pull the car out into the sun to check my work for the most true results.

Some suns shots after being washed.
IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

I began by taping off half of the trunk for my test panel.
IMG_0513.jpg

After SIP/PFW via rotary followed by M205/Orange via DA.
IMG_0517.jpg

Before.
IMG_0523.jpg

After.
IMG_0524.jpg

The true results now present themselves. :)
IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

The entire front hood/fenders had been clear bra'd so I turned my attention to the passeneger side doors.
After SIP/PFW..
IMG_0532.jpg

Followed by M205/Orange via DA.
IMG_0533.jpg

I then moved onto the rear door..
IMG_0535.jpg

A closer look to see the deeper swirls in the paint..this was how the entire car was, sometimes being hard to capture on camera.
IMG_0536.jpg

After SIP/PFW..
IMG_0542.jpg

Followed by M205/Orange via DA..
IMG_0543.jpg

I then moved onto the rear 1/4 panel..
IMG_0546.jpg

After, with a glimpse of the sun..
IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

I was running out of time, so I forgot to get the before/during pictures of the driver side, but here are some afters..
IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

With Flash..
IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

I then turned my attention to the lower half of the doors, which seemed to be worse than the rest of the vehicle..

Before.
IMG_0551.jpg

I stepped up to a Megs Yellow Wool with M105 for these sections.
IMG_0551.jpg

After M205/Orange..
IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

The next day, before starting on the rear bumper/lower trunk/roof I decided to check my work in the full sun before it went behind the clouds.

Just how I like em, a mirror. ;)
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

I taped off each section to ensure no edges were burnt(I was lucky, this car has the full glass roof feature! ;) )
IMG_0707.jpg

I had to lift open the trunk to properly polish, but there is some serious audio work back there. I decided it was better to tape/cover the entire trunk before creating more work for myself.
IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

I used the full size pad for the larger areas, then bumped down to a spot buff 3" PFW for the smaller areas.
IMG_0709.jpg

All of the CF trim was then polished by hand with Zaino AIO.
IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

As well as the wheels, since they were also painted.
IMG_0584.jpg

The glass roof had some hard water spots that were difficult to remove, so I opted to polish all of the glass with 106ff via the DA on a white pad. Worked quite well actually!

Before..hard to tell but it was not something to tackle with simple glass cleaner.
IMG_0712.jpg

After.
IMG_0711.jpg

ALL of the glass was polished, as well as the B-pillars.
IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

Some more final pics! Unfortunately I wasnt able to get complete day shots, Ill try to get some soon.

The entire car(even the clearbra) was coated with TWO coats of Blackfire Paint Sealant. This left the car with an incredibly slick surface and water literally will not stick to the car!

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Back