• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Had a slight mishap

Kap142

:banghead:I am in search of a first quality paint and body shop for a bit of glass and paint repair. I managed to do maybe 1K's worth of body damage last night and only want it repaired by a trustworthy shop who works in a reasonable length of time. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
:banghead:I am in search of a first quality paint and body shop for a bit of glass and paint repair. I managed to do maybe 1K's worth of body damage last night and only want it repaired by a trustworthy shop who works in a reasonable length of time. Any suggestions?
SHEESH! I thought I heard a mild "OOPS" last night, followed by a very loud "AW $H!T". And THAT'S in Massachusetts! God only knows how loud it was in Florida! What happened Ken?
Andy :wavey:

Come on Ken! You can't DO that to us and expect us not to all be wondering what the hell happened! :toetap05:

:banghead:Wellllllll, :banghead: I was leaving a new Chili's and had to make a U turn around a divider and hit something slick. Back end came around, I corrected and into a chain link fence. Happened faster then a fart after chips and caso.:eek:

Est was done today and I'll have it tomorrow. Damage was not :ack2:too :ack2: bad but Infinity is going to replace all the front bright work:thumbsup:, grills:thumbsup: and all and the lower glass too. :thumbsup: The car will be repainted all the way back to the front doors if they can match the paint or the entire car if they can't.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So we shall see. and yes Andy you did hear a distinct "Aw S*it". :shrug01:

A local shop had been recommended who specialize in classics. I'll talk to them tomorrow

Damn Ken!:( Glad everyones ok though. cars can be fixed:thumbsup:

There's a guy in Orlando I believe. I think Robert (Pewter99) knows him.

I don't know anyone east of tampa.

Holy Crap,

:banghead:Wellllllll, :banghead: I was leaving a new Chili's and had to make a U turn around a divider and hit something slick. Back end came around, I corrected and into a chain link fence. Happened faster then a fart after chips and caso.:eek:

Est was done today and I'll have it tomorrow. Damage was not :ack2:too :ack2: bad but Infinity is going to replace all the front bright work:thumbsup:, grills:thumbsup: and all and the lower glass too. :thumbsup: The car will be repainted all the way back to the front doors if they can match the paint or the entire car if they can't.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So we shall see. and yes Andy you did hear a distinct "Aw S*it". :shrug01:

A local shop had been recommended who specialize in classics. I'll talk to them tomorrow

That is a first class pisser. If that were to happen to my car I would be bummed, but some paint and glass work and the car would be as good as before, but for this to happen to "Goldie" , It's a travisty.

I understand it's only minor surgery but if you need us there for support in this time of tragedy, we will be there for you and carrie.

Stay strong,

Joe & Deb and family.

OUCH! Glad you are OK, though. Had to hurt like hell to see the damage, though, I'd bet. :ahh:

Wow man, I would have dropped everything and just cried. I sure hope the shop gets her back to her original glory. Damn thats a beautiful car!

If you were in the Pinellas area, I'd be glad to do it for you!
We're known around the country for custom painting motorcycles, but have done quite a few Vettes (old and new) and easily painted 2000+ motorcycles/cars.

Good luck to you though!

Nice Vette!

Sad :0(

I hate that when that happens to a really great looking Corvette.
:nonod: (Makes be sad!) :nonod:
Glad all is ok with you guys and no one was hurt!!
:hehehe: JIM :hehehe:

Last edited:
Thanks all, The vette will be fine. IMO the damage was minor and repair will be about a week or two and no more (so they say). Pictures do not show much other then a 2" crack about the LF wheel. The lower air damn took a pretty good hit but nothing real outrageous. Parts are now on order and she'll go in the shop within the week.

Hey Ken,

Sorry to hear about the situation. Just be careful with the paint. Speaking from experience, golds are very difficult to match. So make sure that you look at it out in the bright sun light. That will give you the best light to make sure that everything matches. Good luck!

Rich

Back