• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Another horrible build gone wrong:

RevXtreme 1

www.revxtreme.com
0252.jpg

0272.jpg

0302.jpg

0342.jpg

0352.jpg

0362.jpg

South florida shop that has full page adds in most vette mags charged the customer over $15k for a heads/cam/piston job on his like new 07 Z06......won't stand behind any of it.

These were sent to me by the customer....since he is in Miami he had HP Sales do the tear-down for inspection. It left the shop the first time w/11# oil pressure and he was told "it will get better when it breaks in"....second time they blew it up on the dyno, and this is what he got the third time. Sad.

Here is the customers note:

So it seems that the cylinder bore was not straight as it had 3 different measurements with the scope, the crank must have been bent as you can see all the heavy metal added to balance it and all the big dings in it, and the scoring visible on the crank and the bearings and bolt "thing" ( I am drawing a blank) anyways so you see the whole thing is useless now and the real kick of the whole thing is.....right after Roger takes apart my motor my lawyer goes through a mid life crises and calls me to tell me " He is not sure if he wants to be a lawyer any more" so now again I am screwed!

0282.jpg

:eek: Lawyers are a dime a dozen, I'd find one quick. The customer gave the builder several chances to make it right, that was professional. And these are the results :NoNo:

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!! Chris about came out of his chair when I showed him this !!!

SO sad and ridiculous these shops keep getting business after all this kinda crap !!!

Ouch.... If I decide to get a built 427 for my C5Z, I would be SOOOO pissed to have something like this happen. But I seriously doubt whomever I would pick to do my engine would be in the same class.....

Well, that's why I put that Board of Inquiry forum on this site. For people to name names so everyone else will know to steer clear of them for future work. Until people start dragging them onto the carpet, they've really got no incentive to change their ways. Public peer pressure is the BEST way to get things like this resolved.

Word of mouth advertising (or BAD advertising!) gets around the Corvette community REAL QUICK! I'm likely to pass up places with bad advertising should I need to have something done. Just make sure that you don't embelish the story when it gets put up on the forums, because once it's up there, not only is it info, but it's also evidence! Keep it truthful and keep it simple!
Andy

Well, that's why I put that Board of Inquiry forum on this site. For people to name names so everyone else will know to steer clear of them for future work. Until people start dragging them onto the carpet, they've really got no incentive to change their ways. Public peer pressure is the BEST way to get things like this resolved.
amen rich!!!! i couldnt agree more....people have got to start putting names out there....we get people all the time come to us to fix others mistakes and while we would never throw names out there we believe its something that should be called out but we leave it up to the customer to do so.....more and more people are getting away with it and its getting old....i feel so bad for the customers and the tons of $$ they spend just to get screwed!

I'll go this far....the customers name is James, and his email is: jmfam26@hotmail.com

Feel free to email him....he is a good guy that has made no progress trying to get the shop to make good. Maybe a little help from the corvette brotherhood would help.

Its me!!!

Well hello guys and gals yes its me...the looser that keeps getting it wrong when it comes to my Z06. I have indeed been screwed around by the performance industry so badly I dont think I will ever recover. I know that Z06 wont. I have however finally found one performance shop that even though it is 4 hours away from me I can promise you and them that they will be the only shop to touch my cars again!!! I am threw being screwed around! The guy I found is HONEST first and foremost and knows exactly what he is doing but we will talk about him on another thread! Let me tell you my story!!!
I took the 2007 Z06 to a get a supercharger. I looked around and did a good amount of research. I found a shop that had an excellent rep, a car club named after it, and multiple affiliations in the forums and corvette industry...or so I thought. Anyways in Nov 2009 I took my care in and they told me ( keep in mind at the time I knew nothing about cars...after all this I am a pro) you can not put a supercharger on a Z06 that the cylinder walls are too thin and that I can only do a head and cam and exhaust and stuff. So I said fine and away we went. I told them at that time I wanted forged Diamond pistons(because in the back of my mind I was gonna supercharge it later at a different shop) as well and they said fine. It would take 4 to 6 weeks. Time passed and passed and passed..finally in February they gave me the car and driving home I noticed the oil pressure was at 4psi so I called a friend and they said pull over and have AAA tow it back so that is what I did. They shop takes another month to tell me that I had debris in the oil that caused the problem and I need new pistons, oil pump and cooler again as those were all ruined. So I paid and paid. Finally in June the car is ready after much fighting and I took the car out to my friends in Bradenton and we found more debris in the oil and a noisy drive train.
After a complete break down we find the pistons damaged again due to not properly file fitting the rings and the shop bored out my cylinder walls to a 25000th. 3 times too big. The crank had heavy metal welding ( like the dropped and bent it) and the block was just plan ruined.
The shop claims it is my fault because I rushed them...what a joke they had my Z06 for 7 months!!!! Well thanks for listening! I must say I am soooo sorry for this and I wish I had the known about my friends at RevXtreme before because they are a true performance shop. They may be 4 hours away from me but I dont care if I need brakes. They are doing it.

I dont want to say the name of the BAD performance shop but lets just say because of them my Z06's 427 has seen its "Last Breath". hint hint:reddevil:

Well hello guys and gals yes its me...the looser that keeps getting it wrong when it comes to my Z06. I have indeed been screwed around by the performance industry so badly I dont think I will ever recover. I know that Z06 wont. I have however finally found one performance shop that even though it is 4 hours away from me I can promise you and them that they will be the only shop to touch my cars again!!! I am threw being screwed around! The guy I found is HONEST first and foremost and knows exactly what he is doing but we will talk about him on another thread! Let me tell you my story!!!
I took the 2007 Z06 to a get a supercharger. I looked around and did a good amount of research. I found a shop that had an excellent rep, a car club named after it, and multiple affiliations in the forums and corvette industry...or so I thought. Anyways in Nov 2009 I took my care in and they told me ( keep in mind at the time I knew nothing about cars...after all this I am a pro) you can not put a supercharger on a Z06 that the cylinder walls are too thin and that I can only do a head and cam and exhaust and stuff. So I said fine and away we went. I told them at that time I wanted forged Diamond pistons(because in the back of my mind I was gonna supercharge it later at a different shop) as well and they said fine. It would take 4 to 6 weeks. Time passed and passed and passed..finally in February they gave me the car and driving home I noticed the oil pressure was at 4psi so I called a friend and they said pull over and have AAA tow it back so that is what I did. They shop takes another month to tell me that I had debris in the oil that caused the problem and I need new pistons, oil pump and cooler again as those were all ruined. So I paid and paid. Finally in June the car is ready after much fighting and I took the car out to my friends in Bradenton and we found more debris in the oil and a noisy drive train.
After a complete break down we find the pistons damaged again due to not properly file fitting the rings and the shop bored out my cylinder walls to a 25000th. 3 times too big. The crank had heavy metal welding ( like the dropped and bent it) and the block was just plan ruined.
The shop claims it is my fault because I rushed them...what a joke they had my Z06 for 7 months!!!! Well thanks for listening! I must say I am soooo sorry for this and I wish I had the known about my friends at RevXtreme before because they are a true performance shop. They may be 4 hours away from me but I dont care if I need brakes. They are doing it.

I dont want to say the name of the BAD performance shop but lets just say because of them my Z06's 427 has seen its "Last Breath". hint hint:reddevil:

Is your screen name on CF jmfam26 ??

Yup, thats him. He has had most of his posts removed on the subject..

Thanks for disclosing my secret identity!!!:dancer01::lmao:

Yes that was me! I posted pics on that one and on DC but as stated most of my stuff had been altered as those sites obviously favor the vendors.

Thanks for disclosing my secret identity!!!:dancer01::lmao:

Yes that was me! I posted pics on that one and on DC but as stated most of my stuff had been altered as those sites obviously favor the vendors.

Ohhh ok gotcha....yep vendor favortism does it every time...sucks !!!

OK guys and gals! I'm looking at the pictures and really don't understand what's wrong in the pictures. :shrug01:
The ones with the crank are pretty self evident :yesnod:, but could someone maybe point out what I should be
looking for in the other ones? Please??? Just trying to be able to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks..................
Andy :wavey:

OK guys and gals! I'm looking at the pictures and really don't understand what's wrong in the pictures. :shrug01:
The ones with the crank are pretty self evident :yesnod:, but could someone maybe point out what I should be
looking for in the other ones? Please??? Just trying to be able to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks..................
Andy :wavey:

028-1.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

065-1.jpg

0262.jpg

That might help. These are the pistons that have a couple hundred miles on them and look at the scrapping. The scrapping is from improper piston to wall clearance and should never happen as it damages the inner wall, files the oil with debris and turns the oil from a lubricant into sand paper (so to speak) damaging all the other important parts of the motor. It then in turns stops the pump and starves the motor of oil.

OK, NOW I can say HOLY CRAP!
Would that most likely be the root cause of the damage inflicted to
this poor engine? If that ever happened to MY engine, you wouldn't
be able to post any pictures.........I would have thrown up all over
the parts when I saw them! Makes me a little sick to even look at
them, especially the cylinder walls.........
MAN, that just Sucks with a capital S............
Thanks for the additional info........
Andy Anderson :wavey:

Back