• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Got around to doing a few things...

chris308

spam sniper
Finally had a Saturday off that it didn't rain, me and a friend of mine tackled a few chores i have been putting off for awhile.

First we changed out the rear diff fluid to Amsoil, very straightforward job; really helps to have the Amsoil pump or a pump of equal quality.

Second, we changed out the trans fluid, this was greatly needed as 1st and 2nd gear was sometimes tough to get into. WOW what a difference in shifting now!! It's literally like night and day shifts like butta!:thumbsup:

Third, we lowered the car using ZIP's front and rear lowering kit. I won't go into great detail on how to lower since there are a plethora of articles and how to's on the internets. I will say if you use the ZIP front lowering bolts; they come painted which makes it tough to thread in the hole. We used PB Blaster and some anti-seize on the thread. Makes it a whole lot easier.

Car looks a lot better, and shifts better... a good day to say the least! :dancer01:

Now i just need to let the car settle a little and get an alignment done.

Don't ever try to put that car on a trailer Chris. Sometimes I wish I could raise mine a few inches. It's a real pain to load that thing.

Thanks for the reminder also. I keep forgetting that I need to have the tranny serviced in my truck.

Back