• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Move finally here!

Rich427

'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16
Hey Gang,

Finally sold the house here in Maryland and in the middle of packing this sucker. :ack2::eek: Man it is unbelieveable the amount of crap that you accumulate over 20 years in one spot.

I have to shut down my computer some time today so that I can turn in my cable modem and Hi-def box to Comcast. So, I will be out of pocket for the next week or so while we are relocating to Florida full time.

I am looking forward to now being able to make some of the events that my wife and I have been missing! Hope to finally meet some of the forum members in person soon!

See everybody in about a week!

Rich

Hey Gang,

Finally sold the house here in Maryland and in the middle of packing this sucker. :ack2::eek: Man it is unbelieveable the amount of crap that you accumulate over 20 years in one spot.

I have to shut down my computer some time today so that I can turn in my cable modem and Hi-def box to Comcast. So, I will be out of pocket for the next week or so while we are relocating to Florida full time.

I am looking forward to now being able to make some of the events that my wife and I have been missing! Hope to finally meet some of the forum members in person soon!

See everybody in about a week!

Rich

Hey Rich! congratulations bro on the sale and move:thumbsup:Look forward to having you and your wife down here with us to enjoy the sunshine (even the liquid stuff).

Look forward to meeting both of you and if you need any assistance in settling in, let me or one of the others know and I'm sure, whatever it is, we can help:thumbsup:

Again,

Welcome home:thumbsup::dancer01::hurray::party::icon_cheers:

Gordon

Thanks Shadow! I appreciate the offer.

I just want to get out Dodge and get back to Ft. Myers. I have been here for most of September and I am going through Corvette withdraw. Just like the quote from the movie Top Gun, "...I have a need for speed" and the wife's Cadillac SRX is not doing the trick!

If all goes well we should be back there by the end of the week.

Again, thanks! :yesnod:

Have a safe journey. I hope we can meet at one of the shows some day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with your move. We've had some storms recently especially in North Florida. No Hurricanes yet!!

Congrats on the sale Rich.:thumbsup:

As Bob would say "COME ON DOWN"
0000037233_20070118115905.jpg

Yeah, hope the move goes well. Probably seems like Hell right now, but it will all be over soon and you will finally be HOME.

Safe trip Rich and Joyce. See ya when you get here! Your vettes are waiting... impatiently....I can hear them getting restless couped up in your garage :D

Thanks everyone. Going off line in a few minutes and hope to be back up by next weekend.

See ya soon!

Hey guys,

Just got the PC unpacked and back on line. What a PITA moving is. The last move was 21 years ago and I guess I did not remember how bad it really is. Don't want to go through this again!

Well, the house is filled with boxes that are not unpacked, and there is furniture around the house sitting in spots that they do not belong. I have to take a break and get one of the Vettes unburied to just get some sanity back. I'll be back on line regularly just as soon as we get things situated.

Rich

I still remember the move down here. Don't want to go through THAT again...

I remember being down here by myself unloading boxes from the rental truck in the rain thinking, "Well, today's the day. I'm either going to die from a heart attack, brain embolism (EVERYTHING was going wrong), slip on those wet ramps and break my neck, or get pneumonia....".

16 years later there are STILL boxes here that haven't been opened since the move. I have NO idea what's in them, but obviously we haven't needed whatever it is that's in them.

And if you think YOUR move was tough, try moving several hundred SNAKES along with all the rest of the stuff...... :lmao:

Glad you have it mostly behind you now. :thumbsup:

:welcome:..Back. Dare I say the Hard part is over?:D

Where's my manners?...I should have offered to drive down to give you a hand unloading or to at least help move the furniture around.:shrug01:

:welcome:..Back. Dare I say the Hard part is over?:D

Where's my manners?...I should have offered to drive down to give you a hand unloading or to at least help move the furniture around.:shrug01:

Thanks for the offer Ray. The wife and I are just going to take a week or so to go through this stuff. We are getting too old to do everything in a day or two.

Took the '01 Vert out this morning to get a newspaper and it just felt good to not drive a truck! Life will get back to normal soon.

Glad to see you made it safe. I agree it's a PITA to move and pack and unpack and unpack and unpack etc. It seems to take forever. At least you'll be coming into the great fall and winter weather soon. It's been a long hot fairly dry summer!

Back