• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New and love customs

Hi and hope a custom guy will fit into this site. When I figure things out I will post pics and my website.
I have a 68 that was customized around 1980. I've repainted but not alot else and have had it since 02. Its a handful with the BB but even though I'm an old guy I still love old hot rods

John :)

Attachments

• thunder top down.jpg
    thunder top down.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 97
  • thunder side pipes.jpg
    thunder side pipes.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 94
  • thunder.jpg
    thunder.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 90
:welcome: Yeah customs are welcome. Can't see why not.... :shrug01:

Interesting car.... What's it look like underneath the hood?

Rich Z said:
:welcome: Yeah customs are welcome. Can't see why not.... :shrug01:

Interesting car.... What's it look like underneath the hood?
Its just big ole Chebby truck motor with chrome accents. Neat part is it sounds supercharged with very loud gear driven cam

Attachments

• BigBlk.jpg
    BigBlk.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 85
C5Rick said:
:welcome: Looks great. Hows it run down the road?
Rick
I have a reputation for burnouts on the other site. With a 3:70 and Hooker sides its loud........ dontcha just luv old hot rods :dancer01:

John I love that look! Custom is great. Too many sites where the masses :thumbsdown: anything other than stock:rolleyes:

I personally prefer the individual touches that make each one unique. I can also appreciate a fully detailed stocker as well as a NCRS resto. Aw hell! I just like vettes, period!:rofl1: :welcome: aboard my friend:wavey:

Shadow said:
John I love that look! Custom is great. Too many sites where the masses :thumbsdown: anything other than stock:rolleyes:

I personally prefer the individual touches that make each one unique. I can also appreciate a fully detailed stocker as well as a NCRS resto. Aw hell! I just like vettes, period!:rofl1: :welcome: aboard my friend:wavey:
Thanks Shadow for welcome and words

When I go to shows I draw a crowd but its surely a love/hate with customs. I bought it to drive (FAST) and like to be different than everybody else. This custom was done in 1980 and represents how things were done then. Even the mags are from then.

Alot of guys restore old vettes to original. Well I restored a custom to its original. The flares, running boards, mako nose and rear were all hand laid and are one of a kind.

Best of all is the guy I got it from in Detroit dropped a 454 in that was intended for drag racing use, so its a frikkin rocket too! We found this was the #50 to come off the line in 1968!

Nytro said:
Nice looking car. Reminds me of a guy I knew who use to turn regular Vettes into Mako's back in the 60's and 70's back in Mass. His name was John Silva and he use to customize C3's. There is a website called www.makoshark2.com and check out an original Silva Mako here http://www.makoshark2.com/2sharks/1976/
I'm a member for many years Nytro
No one knows where my nose is from. Have seen Silvas stuff some nice some not
Thanks for heads up though

Back