• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cold temps coming....

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Weather forecast is calling for a low of 19 degrees on Wednesday night/Thursday morning here in north Florida. Going to be tough on the plants. Might need to get the dogs outside a warm place to sleep.

Might be cold enough to freeze the water in outside exposed pipes, so you might want to drip the faucets that night.

Where's that global warming when you need it?

Temps here forecast to go down to high 20's with some patchy frost...not as bad as N.Fla but bad enough for these parts...

Yeah, Connie and I were planning on leaving Thursday to run down to south Florida to visit with my mom. Plus our 30th wedding anniversary is on the 8th, so we were just making it a fun trip to walk on the beach for a while that weekend prior as well. Change of plans. We'll have to drip the pipes outside to keep the metal spigots from freezing solid, so we wouldn't be able to get on the road as early as we would have liked. So we pushed the trip back a week. Seems like plans are only made to be broken........

Besides, I'm not keen on getting out of bed when the thermometer says it is below freezing anyway. :hehehe:

It could get down to around 28 on the Pasco gulf coast on Thurs morning.

But it was 1989 since we had the last real hard freeze, i remember Xmas of 83 it was 19 in Tampa.

It could get down to around 28 on the Pasco gulf coast on Thurs morning.

But it was 1989 since we had the last real hard freeze, i remember Xmas of 83 it was 19 in Tampa.

Wow! Bet that did some damage to the plant life. Probably really hurt the citrus industry.

I remember one really cold night here in Tallahassee when it got down to 10 degrees. Found dead lizards around that picked a wrong spot to spend the night.

I remember back in 94 when it got down to -25. Oops, I was still in Ohio. Anyhow, it was still cold :coffee1:

I think I may have to turn the irrigation sprinklers on the citrus trees tomorrow night or we will lose them. Couple got smacked a bit last year when it seemed like we were getting an early spring then a cold snap slammed them. Would hate to lose those Poncan tangerine trees. Those fruits are to die for if you like tangerines.

The last I heard it might get down to 30 in southwest Florida on the coast. My wife is a plant nut and she brought a bunch of plants in the house to day to get ready for the cold. That usually means we have a lot of litte frogs jumping around the house.

They were warning folks on the news not to turn the irrigation on during the the actual freeze period because it could result in more harm to plants...

Temps last night (Tuesday night) got down to 32 degrees, so not as bad as they were predicting.

Just BARELY made it to 40 degrees today, so I'm expecting it to get VERY cold tonight. Looks like they raised the forecast a degree, since they are calling for 20 degrees now. Will have to drip the pipes and turn the sprinklers on the orange trees. Got to run down now and cut off all the fruit I can salvage......

Boy here we go again. Winters barely started and I'm already wishing for summer.:banghead:

not THIS kid! After a long hot summer in the shop...I'm ready for some cold weather! Actually, some low 40's lows and high 50's highs for about two weeks would be perfect.:thumbsup:

not THIS kid! After a long hot summer in the shop...I'm ready for some cold weather! Actually, some low 40's lows and high 50's highs for about two weeks would be perfect.:thumbsup:

Alright! I thought I was the only one that actually appreciated a change in temps (even if it's for 3 days) :rofl1: After 9 months of heat and humidity, some cool weather is nice. I can't wait to move out west and get out of this humidity for some drier, milder temps! :thumbsup:

Man, I lived in Maryland for 40 years and would just as soon NEVER seen temps below 70 degrees ever again. Frost and freezing temps I can REALLY do without.

Snow? I hope I NEVER EVER see that white crap again.

Back