• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cracked Headlight - 2007 C6

C6 Corvette - SRQ

I had an appointment to install headlight film protectant on my headlights and fog lights but this happened:

headlite.jpg

Yep, three nasty little cracks! I never felt a thing. Happened during a 50-mile trip on I-75.

My question is, does anyone know how to fix these cracks, short of completely replacing the $1,200 headlight assembly?

Maybe something along the lines of the way windshield cracks and chips can be repaired? The headlight lens is plastic though, not glass.

Thanks. Ed

My guess is that it will need to be replaced. Cracks tend to get worse rather than better over time.

Seriously, GM didn't make that plastic cover a separately replaceable item? :crazy03:

Yea, i believe your SOL, and the least expensive way out of this is to try and find a rear ended C6 at a salvage yard or try ebay, they have some salvage replacements on there from time to time.

good luck.

Back