• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

Yeah, it rained here all last night, so we got a pretty good soaking too.

Yeah, we may get some frost over the weekend here. Connie and I just put two more citrus trees in the ground, so we may have to protect them.

Rain is supposed to begin tonight and continue on through Friday night if the forecast is accurate.

Hmm, looks like we may be in for some frost Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. :( Hope it doesn't damage our ripening citrus.

Getting a steady rain today, with apparently lots more on the way. Forecast for Sunday night is 28 degrees. :( We'll have to cover some of the smaller trees to keep the fruits from possibly being damaged. Some of the larger trees are going to have to be on their own, however.

It might be time to start thinking about building that ark.......... :dead:

We got 0.88 inches all total here according to my weather station gizmo.

This should have been a dry winter and we are above normal on rainfall and ahead of last fall- winter that was so dry.

Wonder what that is going to mean for the Spring and Summer concerning precipitation? Those dry Springs are killers when the brush fires start popping up here and there. Makes me kind of nervous seeing burning embers falling into the yard with a forest fire just a tad too close for comfort.

Wonder what that is going to mean for the Spring and Summer concerning precipitation? Those dry Springs are killers when the brush fires start popping up here and there. Makes me kind of nervous seeing burning embers falling into the yard with a forest fire just a tad too close for comfort.

I am betting on a dry rest of the winter and spring.

I would bet that the weather will be generally variable and unpredictable with widely scattered periods of too much of what we don't want at the worst possible time, and not enough of what we do want when we could really use it. :hehehe:

Actually we are getting rain moving in right now. And looks like more over the weekend. So much for the local car show here in Crawfordville this Saturday.

We got 0.68 inches of rain yesterday. Looks like more is heading this way beginning tomorrow (Friday) and then through all next week.

Guess I need to be thinking about cranking up the mosquito magnets in case the mosquitoes take advantage of all the wet weather coming.

Getting some REAL rain tonight. Probably will be a couple of inches all total when it finally passes on through. Got 0.65 inches so far and the leading edge of the front just got here recently.

Back