• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tampa I75

cptbean

Anyone else run the gauntlet on I75?? Constant construction, poor road conditions can eat thru tires and chip the heck out of paint jobs!
:eek:

I think there is permanent construction going on there. Pretty much been so as long as I can remember.

I don't think there has been a single day of my entire life that there hasn't been some sort of construction on I-75 between Atlanta and Ft Myers...

Hey that is great work for us HWY construction guys. I do a lot of work for the FDOT and that means JOBS. I-75 is being widened to 3 lanes in both directions from Tampa to the Sumter County line.

Ran over a tread separation on a truck between 75 and 275 southbound, rip the whole fender liners in my Prius. Just glad I wasn't in the Vette.

Ran over a tread separation on a truck between 75 and 275 southbound, rip the whole fender liners in my Prius. Just glad I wasn't in the Vette.

I've wondered about this. How come retread tires are no longer legal (or available?) for passenger cars, but perfectly OK for trucks?

I hit a big piece while in the C6Z a while back, and fortunately it didn't do any noticeable damage. It was at night, and I didn't see it till it was far too late to try to avoid it. This was on route 95.

It's hard to see those at night, it's too late by the time you see it.
Depends on the piece those thing are very damaging to our cars. The piece I hit was whole retread, bad glue? Or too many retread and glue on top of old glue.

Back