• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

a newbie at 53

THOR

Hi to everyone who live in the best state in the good ole USA. I ordered my new vert Sept 23 and it was finished Oct. 27 and will be going to the NCM Dec. 22 with my lovely wife to pick up our new baby. Wow what a Christmas present!!! It's been a long wait since September but well worth it. So here I am at 53 years old buying a corvette born the same year I was in 1953. I think that is kinda cool and Karmatic!! Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and Merry Christmas to all.:dancer01: :dancer01:

:welcome: So what color and options did you get? Hope you don't get caught in any snow while you are up there taking delivery. That certainly is a possibility in December, you know..... Be sure to take LOTS of pics, anyway.

Glad to see you here....

Thanks Rich Z for your invite and response. I ordered a Monterrey Red with Cashmere top and interior. The vert is 3LT with chrome whees and F55, Nav, etc. I am concerned about the possible crummy weather a la Snow, sleet, or ice. If it does snow, We'll just spend Christmas at the Museum and I will drive all the coevettes around the block.

:welcome: to the site! And, congratulations !! When you find out which delivery space your vette will be in let us know so we can check it out on the NCM site. They have the live cameras on 24/7. Looks like there are only 2 vettes waiting for delivery at this time.

The vert is still at the factory but I will ask Gary at the NCM which camera bay I will be in and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.:yesnod:

Thank you all for your kind welcome. Isn't it great that Rich Z has taken the time and energy to set this up and let us meet and talk to each other about our love affair with the almighty corvette? I want to thank Rich Z again for the invitation and I hope we all can meet and talk soon personally.:crazy03:

Howdy..

:welcome: to the site mte.smiles.:wavey:
Sorry about chiming in late, as my puter had some issues yesterday evening!
Seems it was tired and kept shutting down on me!? All better now though!:thumbsup:
Anyway, Kick back, Relax, Pick a brain or two and have some fun!:dancer01:

~Ray

:welcome: I definitely agree that 1953 was a good year. It's great being the same age as America's sports cars. You'll enjoy that ride I'm sure. :dancer01:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

When you ordered your new vert, I hope you put in an order for warm sunny weather!:dancer01:
That'll give you a chance to drive topless back to the Sunshine state.:D

I appreciate all the kind words and thoughts from all of you. I do pray for decent weather Dec. 22 so I can at least get out of Kentucky and back to good ole Florida. We do plan on stopping in Memphis to visit my brother and his family for Christmas and surprise everyone with our new BABY!:toetap05: :crazy03:

Well Guys, My day is almost here . I will be picking up my new vert a week from Friday Dec. 22 at the NCM. I will try to find out what bay I am in and send a post here for those that are interested. :crazy03::crazy03: :crazy03:

mte.smiles said:
Well Guys, My day is almost here . I will be picking up my new vert a week from Friday Dec. 22 at the NCM. I will try to find out what bay I am in and send a post here for those that are interested. :crazy03::crazy03: :crazy03:
Definitely! That would be great. Then we all can drool without getting it on your new vette!

You guys are making me salivate and drool too much. Oh well, better to drool on myself rather than yhe vette!:nonod: :nonod:

Back