• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Sunday Drive

C5Rick

Sunday morning I was getting pretty bored just sitting around and since the surgery, the Vette has traveled less then 15 miles. I told Vicki lets go for a drive and I would do the driving. Vicki has never been to Arcadia and since it was a straight shot out 70 that's where we headed. Driving out wasn't bad. We were able to cruise about 70 mph. There were a couple of times we had to pass some RV's and I knew Vicki was a little anxious when I would pull out and kick it up a notch. Actually driving wasn't bad with one hand. The thought was always there, if something did happen, I couldn't grab the wheel with both hands.
All in all in was a nice little drive until we got back in town. Driving in heavy traffic the last 6 miles wore me out.
Hopefully I'll be able to fully use my left arm soon and we can make that drive to Captiva, :yesnod:

Damn..... must be KILLING you not being able to drive as much as you would like.... How long before you are healed up enough?

Rick,I wondered about the Captiva trip. Thought maybe I'd missed a note about it being cancelled.
It was nice that you were able to get some driving in. Hope the trip to the doc leaves you in good shape. Are you going to need therapy?

Back