• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Thinking of some new fender badges....

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
What do you all think of these?

Attachments

• Z06_turbo.jpg
    Z06_turbo.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 264
Actually I think that is a conservative estimate of the HP rating at the crank. What does 533 rwhp equate to at the crank anyway? :shrug01:

I think you got that covered Rich, generally they lose around 75 hp between the crankshaft and the rear wheels.

85vette said:
I think you got that covered Rich, generally they lose around 75 hp between the crankshaft and the rear wheels.
That would be my Guess too!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :crazy03: !!

That first pic is just a moc up using my specs for the lettering. The actual badges should be MUCH better looking if this real example is anything to go by...

Attachments

• LS2_700HP.jpg
    LS2_700HP.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 226
Rich,

I think they look great. Where do you plan on putting them? Are you going to replace the current Z06 badges or are they going someplace else?

Rich

My plan is to replace the regular Z06 badges on the fenders with this. So it will be more subtle rather than just adding more badges somewhere.

badges

Would you be able to make a badge for the LS3- 430HP, 2008 Corvette. Going to order one as soon as I sell my house in Belleair.

badges

Who would I get to mount the badges, I would never attempt to get them even, especially on opposite sides of the car. I can screw up anything that requires mechanical skills of any kind, especially with tri focals.

Well, since these will replace my regular Z06 fender badges, I'm just going to mark and measure the old ones before I remove them I think just laying down some masking tape strips would help me keep them aligned correctly.

I'm just thinking out loud here

What if you find a "power adder" you can't live without and it ups you Hp??? the badges would be wrong

They look cool as hell but it would bug the crap out of me if my car made more HP than the badges

JCswm said:
I'm just thinking out loud here

What if you find a "power adder" you can't live without and it ups you Hp??? the badges would be wrong

They look cool as hell but it would bug the crap out of me if my car made more HP than the badges

Yeah, it could happen that my engine would pop a piston and I would wind up getting a C5R block to replace it. :) But honestly it really doesn't bother me now that the fender badges say only 405 horsepower. I thought about just getting them to say "Twin Turbos" or just plain "TurboCharged", but I just wanted those numbers there. At least it would stop some of the questions like "How much horsepower does it put out?" :)

Back