• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Clutch Master Cylinder Cap?????????

RussSTi

I'm trying to help a friend of mine that has a 2006 Z51. The rubber in the clutch master cylinder cap as swelled and removed itself from the plastic cap. The obvious fix is to spend the $5.00 and buy a new cap. Problem is no one seems to think they exist, at least not on their own. Best thing I have found at this point is buying the whole master just for the cap. This seems a little crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direct for finding and acquiring this simple little part that is oh so essential? Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to help a friend of mine that has a 2006 Z51. The rubber in the clutch master cylinder cap as swelled and removed itself from the plastic cap. The obvious fix is to spend the $5.00 and buy a new cap. Problem is no one seems to think they exist, at least not on their own. Best thing I have found at this point is buying the whole master just for the cap. This seems a little crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direct for finding and acquiring this simple little part that is oh so essential? Thanks in advance.

Yep,Thats Right!! The cap isn't available except with a New master cylinder!!:thumbsup:

Kinda Sucks don't it??::shrug01:

I'm a little confused. The cap and the rubber are 2 different parts. Just stick it back in the cap and screw it down on the master cylinder. Unless I'm missing something in the message. :shrug01:

you can try finding someone parting out a car on this or other forums on the web or just recently replace the master and still has a spare cap.

try ebay

Back