• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Its 4AM... Do you know where your vette is?

Mekanic

Injector Guy
I do, cause I can't friggin sleep, and I have to get up in an hour to pick my GF up from work, and then, sleep for 2 hours, before going to work myself.

Ugh, someone shoot me now.

Sidenote: When picking the GF up from work, should I Drive the Vette or my DD?

I didn't drive the vette picking her up yesterday, because I was so tired..I don't even remember picking her up yesterday:lmao:

Mekanic said:
I do, cause I can't friggin sleep, and I have to get up in an hour to pick my GF up from work, and then, sleep for 2 hours, before going to work myself.

I didn't drive the vette picking her up yesterday, because I was so tired..I don't even remember picking her up yesterday:lmao:
Take the Vette:thumbsup: And try to get some sleep tonite:D

I'm thinking...take the Vette, find a new GF with a car that works and then get some sleep:lmao: .

Just kidding...or am I ?:thumbsup:

In the DD, you'd be less apt to draw attention to yourself in the weeee hours of the morning.?

~Ray

I gotta tell you, I've been tired enough to fall asleep a few times and the power of the Vette or my old Camaro SS would keep me awake. Slamming it every now and then gets the adrenaline flowing.

Drive the Vette! :thumbsup:

I indeed drove the vette. When ever she was saying how sleepy she was I would get a little....vigerous through 1st and 2nd hehe... she hates it when I do that without warning her.

Right! Nothing says "Hey darling i'm a little peeved right now"... like her head bouncing off the dashboard.:lmao:

Glad to see you took the vette:thumbsup: Saw this sign on I 275 this morning :lmao:

Attachments

• mekanic.jpg
    mekanic.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 343
Mekanic said:

Why don't you let her drive the DD and you get some sleep?

Hot Pursuit said:
Why don't you let her drive the DD and you get some sleep?

I've thought about that, but she isn't on my insurance, and I know with my luck, the second the front tire left the driveway, I'd be boned :lmao:

Welp..... its that time again.... still up. Tired as hell this time tho. But I know if I go to sleep that I won't wake up in 1 hr to go get her.

I'm gonna take my DD to get her today, I'm in no condition to wrangle that kind of HP through a 6sp in this condition.

Man, you got to figure something else out. How long have you been doing this early morning transport thing?

Options:

She = New job, or get after some serious Brown Nosing for better hours!

You = seek new GF that has a job with better hours, so you don't get a ticket or worse...DIE! Oh, I figure since you'd be looking, it wouldn't hurt if she's rich and can support you whereas you can Retire!:D

JMO... Seems like she's a nice enough gal so, maybe it's the first option that needs to be focused on.?

~Ray = DORK!:lmao:

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but why doesn't your GF have her own car? You are going to kill yourself eventually this way.

Rich Z said:
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but why doesn't your GF have her own car? You are going to kill yourself eventually this way.
She does, it's just broke. He's been trying to fix it since around Thanksgiving.

Mekanic...what kind of car does she have and what's wrong with it?

Rich Z said:

she does, I've been driving her like this for a week now.

I bought her an Oldsmobile from a friend of mine the same day I bought my vette, and last week, all the sudden it got an extreme loss of power, VERY hard start condition, and some bad lifter noise.

I changed plugs and wires on thanksgiving thinking it might be spark related, but nothing.

All the shops were closed so I had to drive her all weekend to work, I droped it off at a shop yesterday. I just got off the phone with them and they say the #5 cylinder has no compression.

SO! It looks as if I'm gonna be doing this for a while more.

Ynke: Yeah, shes nice, I've been with her for 7 years so a quick replacement isn't possible heh.

And the only other shift she could move to is the one she was on before, 4 AM to 12:30PM, and she would take a $2.00hr pay cut.

Shes a phlebotomist at Bayonet Point Hospital

Well, all things considered it appears that the only solution is to marry the girl so you can put her on the insurance for your DD and then let her drive it to and from work while you sleep. :D

Back