• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

(January 15th 2011) MANDALAY GRILL-Clearwater Beach Meet & Greet

Frenchy's on the 15th?

• Frenchy's for lunch as planned-damned the wait!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mandalay for lunch, refreshements at Frenchy's

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The whole shootin' match at Mandalay.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow

New location:
MANDALAY GRILL-CLEARWATER BEACH:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-36350744-mandalay-grill-clearwater

395 Mandalay Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33767
(727) 441-3424

Ok boys and girls.
Everyone's been wanting more get togethers, and I have it upon reliable information, that Andy (aka: Navy2kcoupe) and his lovely wife Dotty, will be arriving in our area in January.

...So.......

In honor of said port call, we're planning a lunch get together:

Saturday January 15th 2011 @ 1:00 pm
At:

Frenchy's Rockaway Grill
7 Rockaway St.
Clearwater Beach, Florida.

http://www.frenchysonline.com/rock_index.html

(Corvette not required to join:D)
:dancer01::dancer01:

It's a family oriented event, so feel free to bring the kids, grandkids, the goat, whatever (the goat was Andy's suggestion:shrug01:) and come on out to enjoy the food, drinks, beach, and fellowship of other CorvetteFlorida members and thier friends:dancer01:

Parking for those not familiar, is a standard paved, metered city owned parking lot. This time of year, it shouldn't be too crowded.

If you're interested, please post and pm me no later than December 31st.
I'm going to try to get us a reserved seating area and will need a head count.

Come on out, greet Andy and Dotty, and hang out with old friends and maybe make some new friends:thumbsup:

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

:wavey:

Gordon

Last edited:
Put me down for two. If my wife is out of town I'll bring another Vette owner and we can sign him up on this site.

Good! Like I told Shadow.......this is a "CO" (Corvettes Optional) event, and the people are the most important thing. We didn't want people to have to clean their cars, come to the Beach, then clean their cars again. You got a show to go to on Sunday.........NO SWEAT!.........leave the Vette at home! Want to bring more than 2 people.....NO SWEAT!.....leave the Vette at home. Just get your butt to Frenchy's on Saturday ANY WAY YOU CAN, and enjoy yourself. Dotty and I are looking forward to seeing some of you again, as well as seeing some of you for the first time, AND enjoying the food at Frenchy's for the first time too. It'll be a good time no matter how many show up, and we can't wait to get there. You snooze.........you lose! Those of us that are there WILL have a blast. Let Shadow know!
Andy Anderson :wavey:

I've just been curious to see what this Anderson character looks like. Looks like I'll find out. :rofl1:

Well said Andy :thumbsup:
This is definitely going to be good times.
Hell...I'm probably going to bring the elusive Shadowmobile...aka the. Landbruiser:D

I've just been curious to see what this Anderson character looks like. Looks like I'll find out. :rofl1:
Once you see for yourself what this Anderson character looks like, you may be sorry that you were curious! :lmao::lmao:
Andy :wavey:

Where are you at now Andy? I looked at your profile so I'm guessing Ma.
Yeah, I'm in the "land of gettin' chilly at night" right now. Going to Asheville NC in a week to visit our oldest daughter, then to York, PA sometime around Christmas to visit our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson, then to Florida in January to thaw out! Really looking forward to the Frenchy's event!

Yeah, I'm in the "land of gettin' chilly at night" right now. Going to Asheville NC in a week to visit our oldest daughter, then to York, PA sometime around Christmas to visit our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson, then to Florida in January to thaw out! Really looking forward to the Frenchy's event!

I think we'll have a good time at Frenchy's. I was thinking you had a place down here but sounds like you 're just visiting. The only problem with Jan is that everyone is here. Normally all of the restaurants and such are crowded but with this recession, this year may be different. I can't remember last year. :D

I think we'll have a good time at Frenchy's. I was thinking you had a place down here but sounds like you 're just visiting. The only problem with Jan is that everyone is here. Normally all of the restaurants and such are crowded but with this recession, this year may be different. I can't remember last year. :D
Dotty and I are fortunate in that we have a house down there as well as the one up here in Massachusetts. The Vette is a permanent resident of the sunshine state while Dotty and I are privileged to be able to visit it from time to time. Just hit Florida to thaw out from time to time, then it's back to the freezer till the next time. We're both still working stiffs, but plan to sell the house up here and move to Florida permanently when we retire. One of the reasons that we like events like this is that we get to see a BUNCH of our friends in a short period of time while we ALL are having a good time :thumbsup:!
Andy

Good point Bob. I was thinking that since it's on the beach, it may not be so crowded that time of year.
Regardless, once I get a bit of a head count, I'm going to see what I can do about reserving us a spot:thumbsup:

Good point Bob. I was thinking that since it's on the beach, it may not be so crowded that time of year.
Regardless, once I get a bit of a head count, I'm going to see what I can do about reserving us a spot:thumbsup:
If Frenchy's doesn't want to cooperate, why not check Paradise Grill at the other end of the parking lot.?

Just a thought.

T:wavey:M

Back