The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation
Default and so, the goofball says...

Be patriotic!! Pay more taxes..!!! Yeah, right. God help us

(AP quote from VP candidate Joe Biden, 9/18/08)
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default My .02 worth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post

<---kind of looks like Obama doesn't it.

He said it would be Patriotic for Wealthier Americans to pay higher taxes. Thank goodness...I'm not one of them!

Anyhow, how much MORE Patriotic are WE the PEOPLE supposed to be???
WE fight the wars, WE pay the Taxes, WE make the Country go round and round, WE donate to charities here and abroad and WE help our Fellow Americans when they're in need. We the People are constantly taking it on the chin when it comes to the welfare of this country.
Again, how much More Patriotic need WE be?!!!
I think it's about time our Government becomes Patriotic and starts giving a sh!t about its people again!!!

Man, I hate it when someone preaches to me about being Patriotic. Especially when I have a hard time believing that they are!
C'mon now...being in politics DOESN'T make one a Patriot. Nor does it make one an authority on what it is to be Patriotic!:NoNo

Btw, I'm a registered Republican who's still uncertain about which candidate to vote for.
Unread 09-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Got that....I am a lifelong Republican who has recently disavowed allegiance to both national parties as I feel they have become MEANINGLESS. I am simply for the BEST candidate, question is: where the hell is he (she)??? I'm also a VN era vet (USMC) and am not interested in being preached to or scolded about my patriotism
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Got that....I am a lifelong Republican who has recently disavowed allegiance to both national parties as I feel they have become MEANINGLESS. I am simply for the BEST candidate, question is: where the hell is he (she)??? I'm also a VN era vet (USMC) and am not interested in being preached to or scolded about my patriotism
Amen brother!!!!

All this Republianc and Democrat BS is for the birds!! I'm a registered Democrat and ain't likin' what I'm seein' either
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #5
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I can feel that. Most of the government really doesn't give a **** about the little guys... the ones that make up 95% of the population. Then they talk our ears off about values and try to tell us what and how to think. Hell, in schools the only thing most of them teach, that the students come away with, is conformity.

I personally hate the parties. But it's marvelously effective for it's purpose though. Claim a party, and all the stupid people in that party will vote for you. It's a lot easier to get the stupid vote than it is to get the vote of somebody who is brazen enough to care about the candidate's beliefs and what they would do in office!

For the record, I've never served in the military. So I won't try to talk about being patriotic. But patriotism is believing in the country and it's people, not going along with whatever the current government says is right. At least, in my worldview.

Um... /rant.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Sheesh, guess this guy flunked history. One of the reasons we BECAME the USA and told merry old England to take a flying leap is because we just got fed up with being taxed to death. So the patriotic thing at that time was to tell the redcoats to eat lead. We ARE patriotic! But we are questioning yours, to be honest about it. Do you REALLY have the best interests of this country at heart?

The reason you clowns want us to pay more taxes is because you have already mismanaged all the money we already give you (albeit under duress), and put this country in hock up to it's eyeballs with no way out unless you squeeze us even more. Well, quite frankly, Mr. Biden, if I ran my business like you jokers are running the government, I would be in prison for floating rubber checks written on an insolvent bank account. Do you know what "deficit spending" REALLY means? How many years do you think the government can continue doing that? What sort of backroom deals are you people making with the people you now owe all this money to in order to keep them from demanding payment in full? You know the US government can't do that, so what are you offering as collateral?

Oh, and another thing, stop just printing up money to pay debts. Every time you do that, you make the money WE have been frugally and intelligently setting aside for a rainy day worth less and less in REAL buying power. So you are strangling us with taxes on one hand, and with the other making the money we have been able to retain after those taxes nearly worthless.

Thanks bunches, fellas...... You should all be tarred and feathered for the gross fiscal mismanagement you have been doing for DECADES to this country.

"Patriotic" my ass.............
Unread 09-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad;70325He said it would be Patriotic for [B
Wealthier Americans[/b] to pay higher taxes. Thank goodness...I'm not one of them!
I read that anything over $50,000 annually whould be "Wealthier Americans", which means almost everyone!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
I read that anything over $50,000 annually whould be "Wealthier Americans", which means almost everyone!
Pretty much. What they want to do is to HEAVILY tax everyone who is NOT on welfare....
Unread 09-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
GentleBen

Name :
GentleBen has disabled reputation

This has got to be the worst year for voting in my lifetime. I am also a Nam Vet and consider myself patriotic, but what a delima this year. I feel voting for either candidate would be a disservice to my country. Pretty obvious this two party system is not working. Anybody truly qualified to run this country would be crazy to even try to run.
GentleBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
Rich Z

They really should put all positions from the president through Congress (Senate and House of Representatives) into the draft system. Every four years draft all new members to those seats.

That method certainly couldn't be any worse than what we have now......