The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default Question For the Big 3 CEOs

While in Washington this week:

1. Did you fly into town on commercial flight or company plane? BTW, they came in their private jets.
2. Did you spend the night at the Holiday Inn or Hilton?
3. Was your breakfast the continental type offered by most hotels for free or a top of the line restaurant?.
4. Were your suits off the rack or designer?
5. For lunch did you go to Denny's or the Watergate?
6. While in town, did you use taxi or private limo?
7. For dinner, was it Ruby Tuesdays or 5 star restaurant in DC?
8. Are you going to give up 2/3 of your salary for next 5 years?
9. Are you willing to do without bonuses for the next 5 years?
10. Are your shoes Payless or imported italian?

I am pretty sure that they took the latter route on all of the above points and if so a bail out is out of the questions. None of this money is going to filter down to the people on the assembly line. These smucks are going to blow whatever they get and will be back with their tin cups in a couple of months.

They need to file Chapt. 11, reorganize, clean house, reduce their brands, renegotiate their union contracts and start treating their bread and butter, their customers with some respect. If they go out of business, there will be others who will fill in the void and probably do a better job.

Just my .02
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Well said.

Even with the "sky is falling" scenarios they've been throwing out, they're still not garnering any support from the masses.

Unfortunately, even with some congressional disention, the government will probably cave in as usual and give them $$$$$....lots of our $$$$$

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Exactly!
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

I agree with the Chapter 11 option. They have needed restructuring since the '80s. The bailout will only bail out the unions obligations, and I will bet they still file for bankruptcy.

Hey I am a small businessman, I need to apply for some of that Bussiness Stimulus Money. What do you think my chances are.......slim to none?
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well said.

Even with the "sky is falling" scenarios they've been throwing out, they're still not garnering any support from the masses.

Unfortunately, even with some congressional disention, the government will probably cave in as usual and give them $$$$$....lots of our $$$$$
The Government will probably give some money to the Big Three. Auto companies have a pretty large hammer because of the total impact to the economy if they get in real trouble. Delphi which was a part of GM in Saginaw Mich. has been in chapter 11 for about three years. Went by that location a few days ago. A very large facility that employs a lot of people. The parking lots were full, and have been since filing bankruptcy.

There is a GM plant in the city where I live. At one time they employed over four thousand employees. Today they have four hundred employees and sixty five percent are management. This factory ran production and does not need a heavy management population.

I worked for a large utility in Mich. They were in financial trouble more than once in my tenure. There stock was down from thirty dollars to four dollars during one of these periods. During that time they cut all perks to the bone. Sold off their private planes, sold off all holdings that were not vital to their operation, and ceased all unnecessary travel. Training and buying were all controlled from a high level. Is this happening at GM? GM needs to make hugh internal cuts and go public with them before I vote yes for a bailout. HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

You are right on als.
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
What do you think my chances are.......slim to none?
Yea, and Slim left town!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The government doesn't HAVE any money to give away. They have been spending in the red for so long that they will never ever get out of that hole.

How are they even going to get money by raising taxes when people are already being bled dry? Not to mention that MANY people have lost jobs from outsourcing and the death of manufacturing within this country, which means there are LESS people with taxable income.

But they have an ace in the hole. They can PRINT up NEW money whenever they want to. Once we went off of the gold standard, whereby the paper money was based on tangible valuable assets, they effectively doomed us to runaway inflation, which KILLS any savings us poor folks try to keep for our future.

As I saw somewhere else, why doesn't the government just GIVE each citizen $25K or so to be used specifically to buy a new vehicle with? That money will then be used to stimulate the economy all across the board. Plus the people get SOMETHING for the inevitable reaming that will result from all this crap.
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

If the CEO were really serious about thier position, they should give up their private jets they flew to Washington D.C. and fly coach like the rest of us!!! Get rid of perks and options and run the company lean.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default THE bIG 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
The government doesn't HAVE any money to give away. They have been spending in the red for so long that they will never ever get out of that hole.

How are they even going to get money by raising taxes when people are already being bled dry? Not to mention that MANY people have lost jobs from outsourcing and the death of manufacturing within this country, which means there are LESS people with taxable income.

But they have an ace in the hole. They can PRINT up NEW money whenever they want to. Once we went off of the gold standard, whereby the paper money was based on tangible valuable assets, they effectively doomed us to runaway inflation, which KILLS any savings us poor folks try to keep for our future.

As I saw somewhere else, why doesn't the government just GIVE each citizen $25K or so to be used specifically to buy a new vehicle with? That money will then be used to stimulate the economy all across the board. Plus the people get SOMETHING for the inevitable reaming that will result from all this crap.
rich???? ya know crawfordville.......................has a .......FORD......... in it????????? from someone, that know's the PHANTOM!!!!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote