The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 05-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road
Default Laser on Gandy

Missed the last TBV breakfast run. I was running late and it turned into too late.

Finally got my first ticket. This was on eastbound Gandy, Tampa side. A TPD officer was standing behind a lightpole with a laser gun. Pretty darned hard to spot, and I didn't. He got me fair and square coming over the bridge, and there were a couple cars up the road to pull over the miscreants.

I was nice to the officer and he was nice to me. 81 in a 55 and he only wrote me for failure to obey a traffic control device, not exceeding the speed limit. Thank you Sir. I have no kick, 28,000 miles, most "enthusiastic", without even a pullover.

Now I'm going to try Shadow's lawyer recommendation and see if I can wear it down some more.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

I have come close in that same spot more than once...
Unread 05-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Hey Gannet! Though you had abandoned us!

My number will come up one of these days. Went out today to run some errands and got behind a guy poking along at 40 in a 55. There was another car between me and the slowpoke ahead, and a line of cars behind me. When the opportunity arose, I dropped it into third and engaged warp drive. The second vehicle in line started to pull out to go around slowpoke at the same time, but must of heard me and changed his mind and got out of my way QUICK.....

Pretty stupid because I didn't even check all the cars behind me. But fortunately there were no flashing lights coming after me.

Not sure how fast I was going, because I swear these turbos seem to be getting better with age. So I was just hanging onto the steering wheel while the scenery to the sides went all blurry on me..........
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
He got me fair and square coming over the bridge..............

I was nice to the officer and he was nice to me. 81 in a 55 and he only wrote me for failure to obey a traffic control device, not exceeding the speed limit........................

Now I'm going to try Shadow's lawyer recommendation and see if I can wear it down some more.
Cool, maybe the Officer will amend the citation to the original charge so he can properly defend it then. The fine will jump to near $300 bones instead of the $117 dollar one he wrote instead. Add court costs and you'd be better off just taking the break given to you and completing the drivers improvment school on-line, especially since you admit you were wrong.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Cool, maybe the Officer will amend the citation to the original charge so he can properly defend it then. The fine will jump to near $300 bones instead of the $117 dollar one he wrote instead. Add court costs and you'd be better off just taking the break given to you and completing the drivers improvment school on-line, especially since you admit you were wrong.
That's one of the possibilties the lawyer laid out today. I'm going to take the school.

But no, I don't admit I was wrong. This is just a tax.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote