• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

ANYONE HIRING? ISO NEW JOB

lilitaly11

Is anyone hiring on here or know of a company hiring? I have a job but like most of us we want more. Well the money is definatly a factor but i am looking for a job with better growth potential.

And I NEED the extra money so I can buy a damn VETTE. These cars just wont drop in value and 25K is pushing it as a budget. (want 05/06)

Anyway I graduated from USF in Dec. 06 with an Arts and Science Degree. If you need a resume i can provide that as well.

Thanks for looking and hopefully something good can come from this.

Thank You
RYan

I have been looking every single day on ebay, autotrader, cars.com, craigslist. I cannot find a c6 with decent miles for 25,000 anywhere. I am lucky to find maybe 3 for 27000 but most people are pricing right about 30k. I thought 25 wouldnt be to hard but it is, I have offered 25 many times and get laughed at or said no will hold off. I figured with the economy people would give in a little. When i just sold my SUV i started at 18k and ended up selling for 12. I had many people look at it but no one would commit. I guess with a Vette its a different status of people.

Either way there are no Vette for 25k, 2005 or newer.

So you got a job for me? Ha

Have you looked on carmax? I bought my 07 in 07 for 38k with 17k one owner miles. Found out it was an old guy who liked to travel.

Give us more specifics on your job search please.

What are you looking for?
What is your degree field?
What sort of salary are you looking for?

As for the vette, hold on another month or 2 and you'll probably find what you're looking for. The resale on these things have been dropping like a rock for the last year plus!

Between the fuel cost (I know the numbers but you can't tell some people!) and the econmy/job market, some people are just getting what they can to get out of debt.

AS the fuel costs rise and unemployment continues to spike, you'll start seeing more and more that are/were used as second cars/recreational vehicles, on the block.

Patience is a virtue...be virtuous!:thumbsup:

Give us more specifics on your job search please.

What are you looking for? Truthfully i have no idea. I still have no real idea of what i want to do. I like cars, sports and real estate. I cant afford to go back to a mechanics school, too much debt from undergrad. Im not going pro in any sport and getting a job with Yanks, Rays, Bolts is pretty difficult. And theres the housing market, as we all know is terrible.

I currently am a project coordinator for a merchandising company but there is just no room to grow anytime soon.

What is your degree field? I graduated from USF with a BA in Interdisciplinary Social Science. Basically you pick two concentrations, I chose criminology and sociology.

What sort of salary are you looking for? I would love to get something around 40 but would take mid to high 30's with benifits. However anything more I would not turn down.ha

As for the vette, hold on another month or 2 and you'll probably find what you're looking for. The resale on these things have been dropping like a rock for the last year plus! I hope so thats what i told myself back in NOvember, I figured with them being another model year older id imagine price would drop.

Between the fuel cost (I know the numbers but you can't tell some people!) and the economy/job market, some people are just getting what they can to get out of debt.

AS the fuel costs rise and unemployment continues to spike, you'll start seeing more and more that are/were used as second cars/recreational vehicles, on the block. This will be my daily driver.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ryan, good luck, I am just trying to keep my job. The company I work for, Nortel Networks, filed for backruptcy protection Wednesday and if part of the fix I am laidoff they have told us there will be no severance package. Happy F'n NewYear. :thumbsdown:

Why don't you look at a nice "C4" first and move up when your money and job situation are firmed up. Alot of us started with a "C4" and moved up later in life.
Look at this nice one that came up today:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80572#post80572

Good Luck!!!
:hehehe: JIM :hehehe:
Allot of us started with C3's and went back to C1's and C2's to see what we missed!!:rofl1::rofl1:And then the Long Journey back through C3's,C4's and C5's!! Now after doing some minor mod's on Vett Boys New C6,I got to find me a C6 ZR1!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

try applying for corrections or road deputy positions. Do the application process while you still have a job.

lilitaly11,

The best advice I can offer is if you currently have job, you are one of the fortunate ones. Many here are just living paycheck to paycheck with layoffs looming over their heads. It is not a good time to change jobs no matter what the circumstance is...Some of us are hoping we are still here come summetime let alone next week...As for your wish to buy a Vette, think it over real well before you take the plunge given the current economy...

The field of which i work is pretty secure during these tough times but there is just no sign of advancement anytime soon. I understand i am lucky to have a job but i also need to find something for a career for when the economy gets back on its feet.

As far as starting with a C4 or C5 i would but there just not that appealing to me, especially the interior. I have had my car for 10 years now and want a C6 so Im not going to "settle." If i have to wait longer i guess thats what ill have to do.

Thanks for all the feeback,again.

Keep the ideas or job openings coming.

Yeah ive seen this and it looks great and is packed with options but 86k miles. I havent done too much research on how well a corvette holds up over time but 86k is a pretty solid amount for any car. I know I cant really be picky with my price point but i would rather wait a little to find one around 20-35k miles. As much as im dying to get one 86k is a lot.

Thanks for helping though, its a beauty otherwise.

Yeah ive seen this and it looks great and is packed with options but 86k miles. I havent done too much research on how well a corvette holds up over time but 86k is a pretty solid amount for any car. I know I cant really be picky with my price point but i would rather wait a little to find one around 20-35k miles. As much as im dying to get one 86k is a lot.

gotcha... I'll keep looking !

86k is nothing. My 95 has over 220k and climbing.

86k is nothing. My 95 has over 220k and climbing.
:exactly::exactly::exactly:I have several customers that the miles are well in excess of 150,000!!!:thumbsup: You treat them good they'll treat you good!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No offense, but choosing a job so you can get a Vette doesn't sound like a very bright idea. Changing so that you have room to grow, however, is a different story. Unfortunately, now isn't the greatest of times to be making changes to anything that involves finances. So I would say stick it out and if you still can't climb the ladder when the economy turns around, then change. Who knows, the situation might change and doors might open.

No offense, but choosing a job so you can get a Vette doesn't sound like a very bright idea. Changing so that you have room to grow, however, is a different story. Unfortunately, now isn't the greatest of times to be making changes to anything that involves finances. So I would say stick it out and if you still can't climb the ladder when the economy turns around, then change. Who knows, the situation might change and doors might open.

Very wise words of wisdom. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

86k is still alot and if im paying what prices are right now i want a car that hasnt been abused and a car i can have a clearer consious of. My car has 150k and the engine is perfect but its the little things, the rattles, cv joints, having to run all new brake lines. I want a car that i can not worry about for a few years not one that has a multitude of possible repairs.

No offense, but choosing a job so you can get a Vette doesn't sound like a very bright idea. Its more than that obviously, I want a better job so i can have more money in general, for a Vette, for saving so i can start a family, for the little things around the house. I directed it towards a Vette as were on a Vette forum. I feel its about time for a new car after 10 years with mine and so i want a C6. Changing so that you have room to grow, however, is a different story. This is exactly what im doing, the structure of my company is terrible.Unfortunately, now isn't the greatest of times to be making changes to anything that involves finances. So I would say stick it out and if you still can't climb the ladder when the economy turns around, then change. Who knows, the situation might change and doors might open. Hopefully a door opens and that why i started this thread it because with todays online applications you never see a face so its all about who you know and what doors they can open for you.

Thanks for input.

Back