The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 02-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default Where Is Everybody???????????

Is it just me or this forum going the same way as our economy...11 registered Corvette clubs on this forumn and not one post from them in weeks (with exception of Jim Kill and Tampa Bay). Hardly any more photo shows have been posted. I am fully aware that we have lost some folks over the last couple of weeks, but we have to fill that void somehow.

Cruisins and get togethers have dwindled to just a few every couple of weeks and the weather has been fantastic to say the least. Maybe I am just over reacting. What say you?
Unread 02-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Nope def see a change..

I see a few people post things here and there but half the time no one responds and posts back and so I am assuming they are thinking " im not gonna waste my time if no one seems to care what I have to say"

I dont know that as being the truth but it is something that could very well be....

As far as shows etc... its been too freakin cold in our neck of the woods... the high yesterday was 57 and the wind was BLOWING !!!!

Most everything we go to starts up in March April-ish....

We def need to do something to boost this board up.... Rich Z pays too much dang money to keep it going !!!!!!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I'm glad to see it's not just me. I don't exactly burn up the keyboard but a lot of folks used to post bunches. It's definitely slacked off. Maybe, with the economy the way it is, people are just working more.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah man.... I've been thinking maybe this site wasn't that great of an idea after all........ Not that I can do much about it myself right now. Got too many irons in the fire and about ready to pop my cork any minute. But in any event, saving this site from going down the toilet is not something any one person can do anyway. I guess everyone needs to decide if it is worth the effort of keeping it around.

Heck, I can't even generate new videos since my main computer has been on the blink for months now, and is at the shop in Richmond, Va right now getting it's guts worked over. I'm trying to find another new computer in case they just can't stablize that dog for me. And TAXES are on my mind... And breeding season with the critters is here..... And I'm trying to sell that business...... and, and, and.... Well you get the picture.

Oh yeah, ahem... who was it that volunteered to keep the calendar up to date around here? A bunch of guys are planning a big CorvetteFlorida bash next month, but is it on the calendar?
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Oh yeah, about the corvette club forums. If they aren't going to be used, they are just going to go away. I've given them to any club that asks for them, but if they are being used, I can't see taking up the screen real estate to keep them here. So last call on them.....
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

I think I volunteered to keep up the calendar but them someone ( i forget who) said it was updated just fine....so I just assumed I wasnt needed
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

I have been so busy,But I'm still here,if that means anything.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Never assume. If you still want to keep the calendar, please do

You are now the official "calander girl"

If anyone has anything, please forward it to MRS. Xtreme for addition to the calendar.

The traffic here comes and goes. It takes more than a couple of people to make it happen though.

I'm sure there's a lot at work in the matter.
The economy, family obligations, work hours, people selling off thier toys and moving on to others or getting out of the hobby altogether, you know the drill.

And we're simply not a national forum with the mass numbers of people to keep things moving like they do.

That said, I still come here for the friendships and comaraderie more than any other place

The people here are for the most part, true friends, and people that I either have met or one day will meet.

The other places I visit on the web, I may never have the opportunity to meet the people I talk with face to face.

I'd like to see more activity here as well.

But it takes everyone to do it

But, instead of complaining though, throw more stuff in the ring

We do need more get togethers, shows, and such. We have the BBQ and get toghether in March that is shaping up to be a kick ass time

Been giving some thought to a bigger gathering (3-5 day event) with more activities, but frankly, I'll need assistance with it since I dont' have enough time to do it myself (or the ability, connections, etc).

Finally, almost all the "Big forums" have regional sections, but none of them ould compare to this if we can get the participation up. The bigger problem is getting the word out. Most forums (except those I have in my sig) won't let you even mention another foruim for fear of losing a member

Sad but true.

Lets see what we can do to rallye up the cross memberships?

Any constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I'm on here pretty much every day. Whether or not I post depends on if I have something to say. Which, 90% of the time, is a response to another post. I just don't have much of a reason to make many new threads, since I rarely upgrade the Vette or need to ask a question about how to do something.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
I'm on here pretty much every day. Whether or not I post depends on if I have something to say. Which, 90% of the time, is a response to another post. I just don't have much of a reason to make many new threads, since I rarely upgrade the Vette or need to ask a question about how to do something.
Exactly!

Where most of us here don't have much to ask, the bigger forums always have some newbie or someone that hasn't used the search function, asking the same redundant questions about floor mats or some such chit

I've seen some threads on here go for pages and weeks at a time. Others die on the vine.

Oh well, it is what it is. What can you do but keep trying?

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote