The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road
Default Gotta love illegals.

So today I get my car back and waiting for the weekend to finish out. Benefit car show with my club and putting my big brake kit on sunday. I decide to go down the road to pickup some cough drops cause my throat was killing me.

Went to leave and pull up to the road where a guy in a pickup stops to let me out. I look behind him to see everyone else stop and I look the other way to make sure no one is coming. Right as I go to pull out I hear a honk then see a white focus come barreling around the truck and boom I take out his front end and vice versa.

The hispanic male cross a double line no passing median with atleast 2 stop cars in front of him. I didnt see if the road after the median was double line or not. Hell the point of impact left him in the opposing lane, and his amber side marker crumbles were on the oncoming traffic side of the lane. Had to wait an hour and a half for FHP to show up when six regular county cops passed us and never stopped.

Now the passenger who didnt speak a word of english first looked at me with a wtf look on his face through the glass. Then he realized what kind of car I was driving and next thing you know hes hurt. He walks across busy traffic to look at me an hold his head..on the phone with 911 they asked if he was ok...I asked are you alright? He just looked at me with a what look, I asked again are you hurt or injured. He then grabs his head and starts shaking his head...(sorry but if your neck hurts that bad..why walk across busy traffic and shake your head to show me). Firefighters came and when I asked them about him they knew he was trying to play the game...little does paco no Florida is a no fault state, so hes actually going to end up making his friend pay.

Now heres the crowd pleaser. Upon FHP showing up he talks to them first, then comes talk to me. I show him exactly where cars were parked, pointed out the no passing median paint and even pointed out his broken amber lens right at the end of the median. The cop said hmmm ok brb. 15min later he comes over and cites me for the accident, pissed off I said what hes not getting cited? He said oh hes getting cited. He didnt have a drivers license, he was also driving someone elses car with someone elses insurance.

So now I have to go to court which the cop said more then likely he wont even show up, because A) he gave us one name, and showed another name on his passport. B) He also gave us a different address then whats on his passport which we gave to my insurance company.

The car is fubar. The front nose is completely shot, when they had it on the tow truck I could see eye level and it looks like the whole front cradle for the radiator and oil cooler is completely sheer at every connecting point, basically everything is held up from all the hose and connectors. The front dash has been jarred upward. Car also has a funny smell if ran for more then a minute.

So heres some pics, and time to add to the waiting game. I get to have the car towed to a shop of my choice and basically the shop will have to wait until the insurance agent checks everything out. Enjoy these pics.

Some pics of the guy I hit. Dont know how fast he was going but I was going maybe 3mph.

Unread 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

You have NO IDEA how bad this pisses me off. Thats such f(*&ing BS
You just got all that work done to it...

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Yeah, now I get to have my brakes sit in my room an stare at. I think they're possessed. Both weekends Ive planned to go to my uncles to put them on something with the car gives. This give will be a long wait prolly.
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

I feel ya, I cant believe the luck you have
You can come to our house and check the illegals next door, out of the 60 he might be there.

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your luck, but I'll tell ya', I see more people creamed when some good soul lets them out into 4 lane traffic. I just nod, thank them and wave them on anymore.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Holy crap! Talk about bad luck. Hope the repairs go quickly and smoothly for you. Don't quite understand why you got cited. Maybe Shadow or someone can explain it. If the guy crosses double yellow to go around stopped cars it seems to me it should be on him.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

This was the FHP exact answer, word for word. The amber lens pieces were right at the end of where the median ends and turns into a left turn only and straight lane.

He said the hispanic male told him he got hit there and there was a lane and a half of space. So the other missing half would still put him in oncoming traffic. I will prolly go by there tomorrow to check and see if the line after the median is also a double solid or a single. If its a double solid, then he screwed up writing the ticket.

I even asked him about the lane and a half, what about the other half and he didnt answer back. I just gave up and took the ticket. No point in pissing a LEO off cause itll just make me look bad at the end.
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Last month when a brother and his white hottie backed up over the nose of the C5, they got out and when my wife who was driving and alone, asked about insurance, they got back in and took off. Hell, when she called the Bradenton PD, they said she would have to drive to the police station if the car was drivable.
Unread 02-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Well my mom found some good news tonight. In 2005 same said driver was cited for no license/insurance in a wreck, went to court and lost. Looks like my chances are getting bigger.
Unread 03-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Damn son. Is it just me, or are people trying to pick off Vettes this week?
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote