The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 10-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
tls630

Name :
tls630 has disabled reputation
Default Say no to XM radio!!

I signed up for a 1 year service on my wifes radio. After the one year xm sent a bill. I no longer wanted the service, so I did not pay the bill.. 3 months later I recieved a call from a collection agency saying xm had turned me in for collection.I told them we had not used the service in month's and they said oh well you owe it. I called xm and they told me that I had not notified them that I did not want it therefore I owed the bill. I told them any other service such as electric cable water& sewer would cut you off if you did not pay, not just keep billing you. I paid up the 3 months to get my credit breport clean. Then a month later I get another bill from xm for the same amount. They wanted me to pay again and I told them NO, the next time you hear from me it will be my attorney calling. I have heard no more from them. But beware and stay away from XM radio...........
tls630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

I swear we go through this all the time! Its a pain in the next. Kind of nice to see that Im not alone with this.
We went through hell to make them fix their own mess.

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
tls630

Name :
tls630 has disabled reputation

I have talked to many other GM owners in the same pickle!
tls630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Bully tactics using credit cards (or prepaid accounts like XM radio) are getting worse and worse. You are lucky to even get a real person on the line. Years ago my wife bought a music CD off of a TV ad and used the credit card. Little did she know that the purchase automatically signed her up for the WHOLE COLLECTION of music they offer. She didn't pause the TV and read all the small print on the bottom, so they kept charging the card over and over. We couldn't get a live person on the phone to cancel the "account" so eventually we did what we could and notified the credit card company that the charges were fraudulent. We got threat letters but eventually the credit card company won. I shudder to think what would have happened if we used a debit card where the money was already gone out of the account rather than "credit" where the bill was not paid yet.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

YOu have to watch these accounts and services and read the "fine print" carefully.

Many of them will state that you must contact them and terminate the service within "X" number of days or you will start being billed for thier service at the current amounts.

Also, make sure you keep track of who you spoke with (name and representative number if a collections person) and the name of the company. Keep a short synopsis of the conversation including time and duration. Number if available.

If they contact you again, you can either send them a certified letter or tell them you want a copy of the original bill (not some complied statemet). They have a certain period of time to respond.

If they continue to harass you, call me ad I'll refer you to a couple of very good plaintiff's attornies that handle nothing but your rights in illegal debt collection practice cases

Get ya some christmas money and the collectors and/or GMfor doing it and allowing it. They hired them, they're vocariously responsible....FDCPA is great!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

It surprises me that a company with so many horror stories..that people actual still use them.

Shadow you can go a step ahead and record the whole conversation. Every collections agency I had to deal with (when I had my accident)..every single one told me their conversations "might" be recorded for quality assurance. So when I know its a debt collector I would just tell them the same thing and let them know.
Unread 10-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
It surprises me that a company with so many horror stories..that people actual still use them.

Shadow you can go a step ahead and record the whole conversation. Every collections agency I had to deal with (when I had my accident)..every single one told me their conversations "might" be recorded for quality assurance. So when I know its a debt collector I would just tell them the same thing and let them know.
Great idea Corey.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post

You are absolutely correct my friend

Its' amazing how, when you advise them the call "may" be recorded, they immediately refuse to allow it

I did that once on a collection matter. The company pissed me off so I told them, hold on, I have to advise you that this call is being recorded....

Thier response? NO! You can't do that!

Well of course I can my dear (it was a female caller). You've already said it "might be" on your end. When I objected you said I had no right.

Surprise mofo!

...needless to say, she hung up on me

All the law requires is knowledge, not consent. If you don't consent, then hang the damned phone up idiot! But I'm going to record you!

Good info my friend

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

So the moral of the story is read and understand what you sign or don't sign it ,sort of like congress
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
So the moral of the story is read and understand what you sign or don't sign it ,sort of like congress
Yeah........RIGHT !
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote