The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 03-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
VetteHead

Name :
VetteHead is on a distinguished road
Default C5 hood latch problem.

Lately I’m having a problem getting the driver’s side hood latch to latch. I don’t have an FSM yet. Is there any adjustment on it? It seems like there’s no catch there at all. Then finally it’ll catch. Any suggestions?
"How many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsin' around on the airplane?...Well I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones."

Slim Pickens - Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb
VetteHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

You can adjust the hold down bracket by the fender. If you look at the bolts holding it just loosen them and try to move it up.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
VetteHead

Name :

Thanks Bob, I just glanced at it today, and I saw only one bolt. I’ll have to take a closer look.

Funny thing is I just showed a neighbor my new toy and when I closed the hood it latched the first time! Funny that.

It’s intermittent.

Thanks for your help.

Paul
"How many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsin' around on the airplane?...Well I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones."

Slim Pickens - Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Bob K
Deceased

I'm pretty sure there are two. I had to adjust mine because I got tired of slamming the hood.
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
VetteHead

Name :

Thanks again Bob. Looks like I’ll be giving it a shot this week.

Junk “learned” me the proper way to shut a Vette hood when he visited. Gently close the hood, then press down on one side till it latches and ditto on the other. This way it won’t get cracked. Like my C4’s hood was. From someone else before me.

Unread 03-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Bob K
Deceased

I tried that Phil and it still wouldn't latch. I guess when you consider it's 7 yrs old a little adjustment on the latch isn't bad. Did you read my thread about The Vette Doctor in Melbourne? That was a major adjustment. It's in the BOI.
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
VetteHead

Name :

Who is Phil?

What is the BOI?

I’m new to this site.

Unread 03-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteHead View Post
Who is Phil?

What is the BOI?

I’m new to this site.
Phil is your new name Paul. Sorry, it won't happen again. Go ahead and call me bubba or something else then we'll be even.

BOI is the Board of Inquiry. It's a topic on this forum.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...splay.php?f=30
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #9
VetteHead

Name :

No problem about the name thing Steve.

I’m gonna check out that Vette Doctor thread.

Thanks.

Jack.