• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Superchiller finished on 2011 Grandsport

I believe i saw this used by the Lightning guys when i was thinking about buying a truck.

Anyways from what i read; it uses the vehicles AC system to cool the incoming air like ac for your turbo/supercharger.

Here's what the Ford folks use...

http://www.killerchiller.com/

Am designing products and getting ready to launch a new business in the near future.

system to cool the water-to-air intercoolers similar to the Killer Chiller in the link.

The difference is in all parts and adaptors are specific built for the application, no "hardware store" parts that work but look backyard built. The Superchiller has controls that allow cabin AC only, chiller AC only, or both/none. It also has a bypass valve that diverts the coolant so it does not run through the heat exchanger when in use, just the intercooler and the chiller exchanger.

With cooler charge air you can run more timing and more efficient A/F ratio for 30-60 more HP with the same boost.

This can be used for drag, street, or road-race.

Hey Tracy,
How'd u make out with ur procedure? Just getting back on my feet. Had them clean up some scar tissue in back and a few epidurals finally getting back on the feet myself. Will get by new shop next week to say hi.
ken

Long road to recovery, almost died before they got it. Still healing so can't do much heavy stuff but doing great otherwise! Stop in when you have some time. :thumbsup:

Is this just for NA cars or does it have the same cooling capacity under boost? Second question is does it just cool IAT or does it help with detonation too?

The reason I ask is I have been reading about methanol injection and this sounds similar just a different way of doing it. I am not a mechanical expert unless it is an old 350 small block and know nothing about the LS engines.

So if you have the time can you please explain the differences.

Back