The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 09-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
wannagofast

Name :
wannagofast has disabled reputation
Default Come Watch the Carrabelle Speed Festival - 10.27.12!!

Carrabelle Speed Festival - 1/2 Mile Runway Shootout - October 27th, 2012!!

It's almost that time again guys! Come out and watch cars drag race for a 1/2 mile down the Carrabelle-Thompson Airport Runway in Carrabelle, FL on October 27th, 2012!! This event is sold out for participants, and has been for awhile. However, we can handle unlimited spectators and the cost to watch is only $10/ea!!

Event Address:

296 Airport Road
Carrabelle, FL 32322

Please email us with any questions at: info@wannagofast.com

Or you reach us by phone at: (850) 585-5168

For more Details visit our website at www.wannagofast.com

If you would like to join our participant waitlist you can do so by emailing us at info@wannagofast.com as well.

We would also like to give a big thanks to the following sponsors for helping make this event possible!!

1. TDC Performance (http://www.tdcperformance.net) is the only auto performance enhancement center in Mobile, AL. They specialize in dyno tuning and have EFI Certified Tuners to take care of all your specialized tuning needs. TDC's main focus is building drag cars for a wide variety of vehicle manufacturers to include Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Honda. They will also be bringing a couple of their shop cars to take down the runway!!

2. AR Design (http://www.ardesign.info/) specializes in the manufacture and sale of high performance parts for most German and Import vehicle applications. They are extremely well known for their spot-on fitment and one of a kind quality pieces. If you're trying to get the most possible performance from your vehicle then hit up AR Design for some of their one of a kind products!!

3. Contender Claims Consultants, Inc. (http://www.contenderclaims.com) At Contender Claims Consultants, their core focus is maximizing and expediting your insurance claim, whether it is a reopen or new claim. They are a team of professionals highly qualified to adjust and estimate claims regardless of how big or small residential or commercial. They will handle the process from beginning to end, and will help negotiate the settlement of your claim. They handle claims resulting from: Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Flood, Mold, Roof leaks, Kitchen leaks, Fires, Broken Pipes, Air conditioning leaks, Vandalism, Loss by collapse, Bathroom leaks, among others. They only charge if they recover. No recovery= No FEE. Call them today for a free home inspection....305-238-8674.

Here's a video of an event we held back on July 30th, 2011 at this location!!

wannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Anyone here going to this event? Connie and I might run down there as spectators. Looks like the weather will be cooperating this time around.
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Anyone here going to this event? Connie and I might run down there as spectators. Looks like the weather will be cooperating this time around.
I guess this is about an hour drive from your place. I think about 5 to 6 hours from the clearwater area. If anyone in the area is thinking of going I would probably make the drive. Might consider leaving on Friday and staying up that way overnight.......
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
I guess this is about an hour drive from your place. I think about 5 to 6 hours from the clearwater area. If anyone in the area is thinking of going I would probably make the drive. Might consider leaving on Friday and staying up that way overnight.......
Well, doesn't look like anyone else down your way is interested. Haven't heard from anyone around these parts neither.

Connie and I will be going out there around 10 or so. No sense getting up TOO early. I believe the hours are from 8:30am till 5:30pm. I'll try to get some decent video to post here.
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Rich Z

Connie and I went out to Carrabelle on Saturday but only stayed for an hour. But that was enough to get some video....

Weather was perfect. There were a fair number of cars out there, and looked like some good runs. If I can ever convince myself that I REALLY need a helmet, I just might do this myself some day.

Oh, on the way out of the airport, Connie spotted a rather large black bear sitting in the middle of the road. It was quite a bit bigger than I thought those suckers got. Of course, the camcorder was sitting in the trunk on the tripod at the time.
Unread 10-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Really looked like fun....I will try and catch the next one.
Thanks for the video.
Unread 10-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

I couldn't believe it when I saw that C1 beat a 575 Maranello
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142