The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Angry At least kiss me!

...when I get screwed that is... When Star & I bought her '03 Electron Blue Vette I searched for a wax that would give me a "liquid" look. (I've owned my white '86 for 21 years and 'cause it's white really never cared, just used what was on sale.) BUT, this EB needed a great wax. I tried Zanio (what a rip-off), Turtle Ice, Mequires, but when I saw Jim's ZO6 on the other forum, I asked him what he used and it was Pinnacle from AutoGeek. Last year I bought a bottle and it was everthing it said it was. I've received many comments on the deep color, etc. A few weeks ago I ran out and right on time, got an e-mail from AutoGeek for a Turkey Day 15% off sale. I might mention that I don't run the checkbook in the family, so I got on line and ordered a bottle. "What the heck, 15% off, right?!" Star opened the box yesterday and just about s**t. Not only is the wax now $29.95 but tax was $1.78 and get this, shipping is $8.99!!! BUT, as I pointed out to her, I saved $4.50 due to the discount. "The total is $36.26, for a bottle of wax?"!!! I guess this had better last for a while and it's off to AutoZone next time.
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

WOW, I can't believe all the money you saved from it being on sale.

I always thought the Geek was a tad high. I just looked in the Ecklers catalouge and Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is $79.99 and the same in Paste Liquid is $29.99. Maybe when you're ready to use it, they come out and wipe it off for Ya.
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Try getting with "Flash Wax", who is one of our sponsors on the left column. His stuff is pretty good! I use it on my Le Mans blue Z06. Alot of people here use it.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Gary S

Name :
Gary S has disabled reputation

Pinnacle makes some very good waxes. Put it on very thin. A little goes a long away. Autogeek ususally has some great sales before Christmas. Sometimes 50% off or 2 for 1 gift certificates.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste on my 2008 Z06:

Pinnacle Signiture Series on my 85 Vette (Original Paint):
Gary S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Pres712
Pres712

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
Pinnacle makes some very good waxes. Put it on very thin. A little goes a long away. Autogeek ususally has some great sales before Christmas. Sometimes 50% off or 2 for 1 gift certificates.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste on my 2008 Z06:

Pinnacle Signiture Series on my 85 Vette (Original Paint):
Those pics are the reason I switched to Pinnacle. That 85 looks fantastic. I really don't have a problem paying $30 for the wax; I guess it's the $9 for shipping that should cost $2 that gets me!
Unread 11-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
Pres712
Pres712

Default I should

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Try getting with "Flash Wax", who is one of our sponsors on the left column. His stuff is pretty good! I use it on my Le Mans blue Z06. Alot of people here use it.
You are right about Flash. They have had a booth at our Dimmitt show for the past 2 years. And they are on Starkey right around the corner from where my son lives. Next time.....
Unread 11-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
...when I get screwed that is... When Star & I bought her '03 Electron Blue Vette I searched for a wax that would give me a "liquid" look. (I've owned my white '86 for 21 years and 'cause it's white really never cared, just used what was on sale.) BUT, this EB needed a great wax. I tried Zanio (what a rip-off), Turtle Ice, Mequires, but when I saw Jim's ZO6 on the other forum, I asked him what he used and it was Pinnacle from AutoGeek. Last year I bought a bottle and it was everthing it said it was. I've received many comments on the deep color, etc. A few weeks ago I ran out and right on time, got an e-mail from AutoGeek for a Turkey Day 15% off sale. I might mention that I don't run the checkbook in the family, so I got on line and ordered a bottle. "What the heck, 15% off, right?!" Star opened the box yesterday and just about s**t. Not only is the wax now $29.95 but tax was $1.78 and get this, shipping is $8.99!!! BUT, as I pointed out to her, I saved $4.50 due to the discount. "The total is $36.26, for a bottle of wax?"!!! I guess this had better last for a while and it's off to AutoZone next time.
I use Turtle Wax Liquid Ice Polish and Liquid Ice Clay Bar!! If you had problems,you probly used too much!! I get excellent results!!