• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Love Is Blue for SALE!!

Mr. Blue

FS196-.jpg

Most all of you here already know this car and it's long history.
After owning my 1966 Vette "Love Is Blue" for 43 years, my declining health (I'm going on 64 and have had 2 open heart surgeries & 3 back surgeries) is forcing me to consider selling it to a good new home finally. I can no longer maintain this vehicle anymore as it should be kept. I have been doing all the work on this car all these years, for the most part, including body and paint and construction upgrades. Motor & rear end built by BNO Performance, a professional shop, and maintained by them since 2001. Best big name parts are in and on it. Carillo steel rods, Keith Black pistons, Brodix-2 aluminum heads, Competition Cams solid roller cam and roller lifters, Crane 'gold' roller rockers and stud girdle. polished B&M 6:71 Mega blower, topped with new Barry Grant 750 cfm Mighty Demon blower carbs & NX port nitrous rail system (never used) with jets from 100 to 500 extra HP. Tranny built by JW Performance Trans, (Johnny Winters) also professional, in Cocoa, Fl. and is fully built to 1,000 HP guaranteed. Reverse valve body, manual shift. 2,800 built converter. Ford 9" Rear with Strange center 3:50 gear and 31 splined axles.
The entire history of the Vette with over 750 photos from day one can be seen @ cardomain.com/ride/591305
Asking $96,845.00 and includes every spare & support items I have that can go with the car, including a duel wheel, low body, open trailer with 5 brand new tires and matching chrome wheels (but they have surface rust on them in some areas from sitting outside).
All notebooks, and some historical magazines etc from past issues will also go with this world famous, one of a kind show & go stopper. I guarantee all mechanical systems to be problem free. (Motor, Blower, Carbs, Electronics, built Turbo 400 Trans. Great tread on tires and perfect rims, etc).
If you find any problem you don't like before the sale, I'll work with you to fix it to your satisfaction at the asking price. Other arrangement such as adjusting the price could be made if that would make you happier.
Delivery within the U.S. possible by me or freight company. (depending on distance) Delivery to U.S. port-of-choice for overseas buyers.
Contact me @ MrBlue66@cfl.rr.com or call: (386) 427-4057 and let's find "Love" a good new home together. Glenn

Good luck with the sale,someone will get a Awesome car:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: From a great guy.

Thanks. It's breaking my heart to do this.
I've troubeled over this decision for over a year, but I really can't do it any longer and I'd rather let someone who can keep it going have it than let it sit and decay in my garage.
Wish me luck ... and strength to get through this.:help: Glenn

Hey Blue!

Hopefully it won't sell before the next launch so I can get "Blue" in front of the launch pad with one of the Orbiters there. Looks like October 7th is the earliest opportunity for the next mission. :yesnod:

Sorry to see you giving 'her' up...I'm sure it'll go to an appreciative home! :thumbsup:

Hopefully it won't sell before the next launch so I can get "Blue" in front of the launch pad with one of the Orbiters there. Looks like October 7th is the earliest opportunity for the next mission. :yesnod:

Sorry to see you giving 'her' up...I'm sure it'll go to an appreciative home! :thumbsup:

There is no rush to sell it, I just can't keep it up any longer like I want it to be kept. Whenever it happens will be OK.
Jack, that would be nice to get those photos before it goes to a new home. We'll see what happens. Money is tight these days and it may not even sell. It's all in God's hands at this point. I did the hard thing by finally admitting it and listing it for sale after 43 years of my life was put into it. Glenn

Please tell me it's "Not True"

Glenn:
Please tell me you will have "BLUE" still for the "ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY" in November. I am counting on you again to bring this "SWEET" ride to our show. You were the hit of the PARTY. If for health reasons you are unable to attend, please let me know in advance. (I will come and pick her up!!!:lmao:).
Hope you are feeling strong......Best!!
:hehehe: JIM :hehehe:

www.cardomain.com/ride/591305

Glenn:
Please tell me you will have "BLUE" still for the "ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY" in November. I am counting on you again to bring this "SWEET" ride to our show. You were the hit of the PARTY. If for health reasons you are unable to attend, please let me know in advance. (I will come and pick her up!!!:lmao:).
Hope you are feeling strong......Best!!
:hehehe: JIM :hehehe:

www.cardomain.com/ride/591305

Jim, IF I still have my baby then, I'll be sure and come to your event again.
I had a great time last year.
So far, so good on the health. Just don't have the stamina and ability to work like I use to. I think they call it growing old!:nonod: Glenn

Glenn, I know this is a difficult thing to do. Hopefully you will still grace us at shows and other gatherings.

BJ

That was my thought.

The add on fees (seller-buyer etc) are VERY expensive and would take a hugh chunk out of the sale price, not to mention the cost of me getting it there, both in money and physical problems. I'll try this first. Glenn

Glenn, I know how much you love this car and I am sure it was a very difficult decision to make. Someone out there will get an awesome car.
Best of healh to you and your lovely wife.

The add on fees (seller-buyer etc) are VERY expensive and would take a hugh chunk out of the sale price, not to mention the cost of me getting it there, both in money and physical problems. I'll try this first. Glenn
Glenn there is eBay set your reserve on the car and let the bidding begin:thumbsup:Good Luck on your sell :thumbsup:she is a real work of art :thumbsup:

E-bay

Glenn there is eBay set your reserve on the car and let the bidding begin:thumbsup:Good Luck on your sell :thumbsup:she is a real work of art :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know.
I put it on e-bay yesterday after listing it in the Corvette Forums I belong to.
I would rather it got sold to a fellow Vette lover on our fourms then to a 'collector/investor' out in e-bay land, but money is money so.. We'll know on the 21st (last day of bidding) if it will sell or not. Glenn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=ADME:L:LCA:US:31&viewitem=&item=320274712425

Last edited:
Glenn,

Sorry to hear you are selling off your longtime ride. But I do understand. Things just change over time.....

Feel free to post the link to the Ebay auction here if you want to. I don't have a problem with that practice. Good luck with the sale.

Have you thought about an Ad in the Dupont Registry? I'd suggest running an ad in there at least once if it's not too pricey.

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/sell2/SellYourVehicle.aspx

No, I had not.
I'll see what kind of responses I get this week with the forums and RacingJunk & e-Bay where it's listed.

If I do not get any kind of reasonalbe response, I may have to re-think the idea of selling it. It's been with me sooo long and I've got sooooo much money and time into it, I'm NOT going to give it away!!
I want someone who can afford to USE it get it, but if I have to, I'll keep it and see about getting some kind of partnership to support it for shows , drags, etc.
This is just the beginning of a long process, I suppose. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it later.

Rich Z, I posted the link for e-bay above. Thanks for the permission.
My friends here have given me 10 times the support and well wishes than all the other sites combines. I have just had my good feelings about this group of 'friends' (and you all are!) confirmed once again. Glenn

Back