• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Mod Victims Beware

rocket1

Kooks, K&N, Corsa Sports and on and on once you start its addicting. 06 Z51
IMG_0064-1.jpg

Actually great!
I am getting 30 mpg on cruise at 79 mph.
Even with the headers the corsa sports dont have any annoying drone but if you stomp on it they bark!
As I said beware though once you start modding you keep getting new ideas.
I got the K&N air charger which then lead to a tune by Breathless Performance and Zaino ought to be my middle name. Then came the color matched fuel rail covers, then the wheels etc.
According to the tune get about 432 hp at the rear wheels.
It is a daily driver and I am not much of a hot rodder but so far seems very reliable.

..... As I said beware though once you start modding you keep getting new ideas. ......

You need to join Corvettes Anonymous..... they don't have a cure, but they do listen :yesnod:

Just click the icon in my sig and check it out.

Picture107.jpg

I have joined Corvettes anonymous they at least understand I have a problem!
I started going to shows and am over the edge now.

Looks sweeeeeet. I love the new Z06.

I was hit with the bug when I was 16 year old. I can't stop but at least I can admit it.:crazy03::crazy03::crazy03::crazy03::crazy03::crazy03::crazy03:
I’m sure one day when I’m old and in a wheelchair it will have a turbo charger on it. :hehehe:

How about the rest of you guys/girls I know I am not alone,
Lets see some picts and planned mods!

I started out with a bone stock numbers matching "barn find" (stored 15 years)

headers/sidepipes, modified vortec engine, hurst shifter, HEI ignition, choice of Q-jet, eldelbrock or Holly carbs.... getting ready to glass in the seams on the nose and glass in the filler panel where the factory exhaust was then fresh red paint, I want to upgrade the seats & install the HOOPS style roll bar...... crank trigger is already installed for the MSD6AL ignition.... thinking about pulling the heads & getting them decked & using a thinner head gasket for better compression ratio.... while the GM performance intake is off I think I'll drill it for the Nitrous jets.... Then I'll have to get wider rims/tires to get all that HP to the ground............

It's nickname is snowball!!!!!

Very nice pics man. You might want to consider painting your brake calipers Lemans Blue too. Look at the recent post from Antivenom in the Mods section. Again very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

By the way GM discontinued this color (Lemans Blue) I think they screwed up on this one.

Man, I agree with you there. I looked hard for a Lemans Blue when looking for a C6, but just couldn't find one at the price I wanted to pay. I REALLY like that color. Not that the silver is all that shabby, but that deep blue really catches my eye. :thumbsup:

Why GM went for that new skyblue color beats the heck out of me. :banghead:

Very nice pics man. You might want to consider painting your brake calipers Lemans Blue too. Look at the recent post from Antivenom in the Mods section. Again very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I did, sorry it didnt show up in my amature picts.
By the way I got put on a budget by the wife so I went the duplicolor kit and it worked great for 18 bucks but buy a brush the one that comes with it is a peice of junk but the paint quality was great.
If I can figure out how to work the camera again I will post a picture.
I can turn a wrench but these new cameras and web posting stuff put me at a severe disadvantage.

I started out with a bone stock numbers matching "barn find" (stored 15 years)

headers/sidepipes, modified vortec engine, hurst shifter, HEI ignition, choice of Q-jet, eldelbrock or Holly carbs.... getting ready to glass in the seams on the nose and glass in the filler panel where the factory exhaust was then fresh red paint, I want to upgrade the seats & install the HOOPS style roll bar...... crank trigger is already installed for the MSD6AL ignition.... thinking about pulling the heads & getting them decked & using a thinner head gasket for better compression ratio.... while the GM performance intake is off I think I'll drill it for the Nitrous jets.... Then I'll have to get wider rims/tires to get all that HP to the ground............

It's nickname is snowball!!!!!
Well now you're talking. Misery loves company.
But honestly it is a huge amount of fun restoring and/or modding these things.
By the way just my opinion I would stay away from the NO2 stuff it beats the Hell out of an engine.

Back